Super glue Suggestions

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have been using the versa glue px-40 it works well, But is there anything better?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Never heard ofany of those. I'm not near that fancy.
the store brand stuff at the yellow dollar store (dollar general?) is what I use now.
Used to get the $1 4pk of no nome that was black and yellow packaging.

It's not price that is the reason, it's the consistancy. If it's not runny it won't seep into the joint between parts.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I have been using the versa glue px-40 it works well, But is

We've used "The Original Krazy Glue" for decades. Found some of their other formulations to be inadequate for our needs. You can always thin out beforehand with acetone. Make your own viscosity this way. Sometimes we get stock a bit thicker than we like and use the acetone to thin so it penetrates instead of sitting on surface thicker than we'd like. Cheap fix. Just remember, the cyno is Cyanide in these glues, appropriate ventalation is a good idea. If you don't believe, place some on a high gold alloy... Its used for extracting gold in mining operations.

B

Bryce D

Reaction score
The big bottles get nasty after a while ,I go to the 99 cent store two small bottles in each pack .

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Bob Smith Industries (BSI) - Maxi Cure (thick glue) and Insta Set (sets the glue dry in seconds). Been using for 4yrs...have tried different products do not like them. BSI for personal choice

Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
0EAE440B-4F34-4781-890F-CD447E5CCD79.jpeg
I used to buy in bulk whatever is cheapest glue and accelerator for years to mount disposable plastic articulators and fix / repair models and dies.
I tried 3M glue posted above and I love it. It’s pricey but not really. No need for accelerator so that saves money, plus you only need drop or two max to attach articulators. It sets up fast with enough working time to tweak the articulator position. Once it sets, it’s on for good. I’ve never used stronger glue ever. I also use this around my house and automotive projects. Good stuff. Try it, you’ll see.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 37139
I used to buy in bulk whatever is cheapest glue and accelerator for years to mount disposable plastic articulators and fix / repair models and dies.
I tried 3M glue posted above and I love it. It’s pricey but not really. No need for accelerator so that saves money, plus you only need drop or two max to attach articulators. It sets up fast with enough working time to tweak the articulator position. Once it sets, it’s on for good. I’ve never used stronger glue ever. I also use this around my house and automotive projects. Good stuff. Try it, you’ll see.
For 20 grams, considering the little toothpaste tube ones are 0.3 to 1 gram, that's not really that expensive.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I have been using the versa glue px-40 it works well, But is there anything better?
We've used "The Original Krazy Glue" for decades. Found some of their other formulations to be inadequate for our needs. You can always thin out beforehand with acetone. Make your own viscosity this way. Sometimes we get stock a bit thicker than we like and use the acetone to thin so it penetrates instead of sitting on surface thicker than we'd like. Cheap fix. Just remember, the cyno is Cyanide in these glues, appropriate ventalation is a good idea. If you don't believe, place some on a high gold alloy... Its used for extracting gold in mining operations

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I loved this review on Amazon.

Ever wonder why they put super obvious warnings on products that prompt the question “who would DO that?” Well, keep reading.

So, like you are doing right now, I read all the reviews. Pretty impressive stuff. I got the whole “instant adhesion” and “bad plastic caps” that litter the reviews, even noticed the “get de-bonder” and thought, ‘meh, I’m careful and really it’s all just a testament to how super this super glue is.’

What I did NOT take into account was impatience mixed with stuck plastic caps. In a hurry, I clamped my molars on that stubborn cap and twisted. Hard.

I super glued my mouth shut.

I don’t want to get into the details of how awful it was, that I text my sister for help and she facebooked it instead, or how I googled “how to get super glue off your skin” and found “use acetone”...it felt like I put a flat iron on my mouth. And the taste. Ugh. So, the warning “DO NOT USE YOUR MOUTH TO OPEN” sounds ridiculous. Can’t really even say I would have heeded this bit of common sense. But, who knows.

In the end, what I lost in skin and pride , I gained in respect and appreciation for the ”insta-cure” and “1-3 second bond “ claims advertised on Bobs bottle.

Bottom line, I can attest to the veracity of both statements. In fact, I think Bob was a little modest on this one.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I loved this review on Amazon.
Ever wonder why they put super obvious warnings on products that prompt the question “who would DO that?” Well, keep reading.

So, like you are doing right now, I read all the reviews. Pretty impressive stuff. I got the whole “instant adhesion” and “bad plastic caps” that litter the reviews, even noticed the “get de-bonder” and thought, ‘meh, I’m careful and really it’s all just a testament to how super this super glue is.’

What I did NOT take into account was impatience mixed with stuck plastic caps. In a hurry, I clamped my molars on that stubborn cap and twisted. Hard.

I super glued my mouth shut.

I don’t want to get into the details of how awful it was, that I text my sister for help and she facebooked it instead, or how I googled “how to get super glue off your skin” and found “use acetone”...it felt like I put a flat iron on my mouth. And the taste. Ugh. So, the warning “DO NOT USE YOUR MOUTH TO OPEN” sounds ridiculous. Can’t really even say I would have heeded this bit of common sense. But, who knows.

In the end, what I lost in skin and pride , I gained in respect and appreciation for the ”insta-cure” and “1-3 second bond “ claims advertised on Bobs bottle.

Bottom line, I can attest to the veracity of both statements. In fact, I think Bob was a little modest on this one.
tenor.gif

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
I've always used Super-T with activator. Stick fast seems intriguing, how does it compare to super-t?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I get mine with a Pearson label on the bottle, same stuff. They usually run a -buy 4get 1 deal.