Sum3d resellers?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know of any companies that can upgrade or sell Sum3d (other than Uncle Hank)? Have you used this company, thoughts?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Millbox uses it sort of baked into the background. lots of places sell millbox. the guy who was a programmer for sum3d used to be on the boards here but i don't know where he went.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Millbox uses it sort of baked into the background. lots of places sell millbox. the guy who was a programmer for sum3d used to be on the boards here but i don't know where he went.
Is millbox separate from sum3d or do you have to purchase both of them?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
with millbox you buy it and you get sum3d, think of millbox like a really nice User Interface for sum3d.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
with millbox you buy it and you get sum3d, think of millbox like a really nice User Interface for sum3d.
Ahhh, gotcha!!! I had a quote from Uncle Hank of $3,500 for both but they want to slap that additional $199/month crap on it if you purchase it. Hence why I'm looking.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I'll admit i've never been fond of or good at sum3d. i'm sure there are some others here that can help you better.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'll admit i've never been fond of or good at sum3d. i'm sure there are some others here that can help you better.
It's not my favorite either but with the new versions of exocad the older versions of sum3d aren't really compatible anymore. It can still be done but you have to use workarounds and such...I'm trying to eliminate some of my headaches and streamline certain things. No worries though, next mill will be using hyperdent. ;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It's not my favorite either but with the new versions of exocad the older versions of sum3d aren't really compatible anymore. It can still be done but you have to use workarounds and such...I'm trying to eliminate some of my headaches and streamline certain things. No worries though, next mill will be using hyperdent. ;)
still using sum3d here with no issues.
i cancelled that $199/mo hank crap

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I have an outdated version of Sum3D (so I was told by tech support) and that I can upgrade to Millbox. I have no idea what the cost would be, as I couldn't find anyone that could tell me. Hopefully Sum3D doesn't **** out on me.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I have new 2020 millbox and it is pure crap. It does not detect, similarly to 2017 version, screw retained crowns holes when screw holes are manually created. Also today I was unable to mark manually angulated screw hole at all with or without the constructionInfo. Got it eventually done with older version that I did not remove or over install. My reseller also has a feeling it is not a full stable version. At first it did not use smaller than 1 mm tools in milling and after an update patch it suddenly did. The overall interface is a lot slower also. I updated in order to get my new exocad files accepted but have been disappointed.

E

Eric Hall

Reaction score
I have an outdated version of Sum3D (so I was told by tech support) and that I can upgrade to Millbox. I have no idea what the cost would be, as I couldn't find anyone that could tell me. Hopefully Sum3D doesn't **** out on me.
MillBox is having a covid relief opportunity to upgrade from SUM3d to MillBox at 40% or more. Never going to get it at this price again. Expires end of August. Contact your reseller w questions.

E

Eric Hall

Reaction score
I have new 2020 millbox and it is pure crap. It does not detect, similarly to 2017 version, screw retained crowns holes when screw holes are manually created. Also today I was unable to mark manually angulated screw hole at all with or without the constructionInfo. Got it eventually done with older version that I did not remove or over install. My reseller also has a feeling it is not a full stable version. At first it did not use smaller than 1 mm tools in milling and after an update patch it suddenly did. The overall interface is a lot slower also. I updated in order to get my new exocad files accepted but have been disappointed.
CIMsystem will trouble shoot for you if your reseller/dealer hasn't been able to. Email [email protected] for help. These are all fixable items.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know of any companies that can upgrade or sell Sum3d (other than Uncle Hank)? Have you used this company, thoughts?
Check Nowak dental, the same people that worked for CAP are now working with Nowak and much cheaper prices than most of the companies.