Sum3d issue

S

soma

Reaction score
So I let Argen tweak my sum 3d, but they have set it up to not show the strategy import stage of the workflow in the "teeth" toolbar.

I would just go into the default settings to change that but they have removed/hidden that also, any ideas on getting into default settings without using the button on the toolbar?

The Sum3d manual is not helpful with this info unfortunately.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I say, go bug them to set it up the way you like it...:rolleyes: You're already paying maintenance fees...are you ?

S

soma

Reaction score
I say, go bug them to set it up the way you like it...:rolleyes: You're already paying maintenance fees...are you ?

Oh i certainly will, they are not open Sunday evening though and I thought someone here may know the secret.

They did their stuff late Friday and I didn't have a chance to check it as I was out he door to my kids hockey practice as soon as they were done. I was bugging me all weekend though so I went in to do tomorrow mornings milling tonight. Good thing too.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hockey practice ? :cool: You're excused... :D Sadly this software is getting revamped with each release...its hard to keep up with the changes and tweaks. ..I'm still with a year old version...since that still has the DCM import enabled not like the latest stuff.. :rolleyes:

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we're using March 2014. Very happy.

Can't wait for full release of 64bit version

S

soma

Reaction score
Thanks Scott and Kent,

That was my first thought as well, but that button, the "default settings" button is also missing from the toolbar. I was hoping someone might know a keyboard shortcut to bring up the screen that Kent posted.

I'll get on the horn with Argen this morning and see what they did...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Wait a few minutes...then call and YELL at Argen! LOL

Almost time.....5,4,3,2.....

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you really think they would be so advanced to put a number in the password?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thats what scares me.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
The password is: sum3d ;)

I didn't give out the password because i don't want them to void their warranty with Argen....you can really mess up some settings if you don't know what you're doing.

I was hoping they would demand it from Argen themselves.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I didn't give out the password because i don't want them to void their warranty with Argen....you can really mess up some settings if you don't know what you're doing.

What kind of warranty would it void ? :rolleyes: And you cannot mess up the settings too easily if you just gain access to the file menu and some other extras... BTW everyone should have a backup of them settings and could reinstall if something goes wrong....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, back up the entire Dental folder within SUM, and the Machine.arl, and tools, and componants, etc...

Maybe all the CAM files if you want?

Do any of you use the report feature? I like it and use this daily.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I haven't used the report feature yet, but will in the future when we release Zr hybrid cases.