Strong tooth colored acrylic powder other than JET?

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Hey All,

We immediately loaded our first FP1 temporary yesterday. Things went mostly great but I'm skeptical of the strength of the JET tooth colored acrylic.

Right now we're not printing/milling, so we'll be making these analog for the time being so I'm looking for a good suggestion for a strong powder/liquid style tooth colored acrylic for a full mouth restoration FP1 type prosthetic. Anyone have any suggestions?

B

bdwalsh3

Reaction score
I would like to piggyback on JBHeat and ask the same question. I do not like Jet. We are actively searching for a better replacement. I have heard of Novacryl but yet to hear any feedback on use.

Thanks

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
This is what we use.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
This is what we use.
Are there shade translations?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
T

TX-2th-guy

Reaction score
I have used Anaxdent's acrylic (New Outline - Cold Cure) for years and have been very pleased with its strength and stability. One thing you need to work out is the shades are not as accurate to the Vita shade tabs as I would like. This is something that you just need to know your materials and how to make the adjustment for shade (mixing different pwdr shades). You can get as fancy as you like with layering enamel acrylic over the dentin acrylic too. I tend to keep it simple and use their dentin acrylic shades. I have the enamel acrylic shades on hand just in case but do not use them that often. I can tell you that the New Outline CC acrylic is durable. I have been using their flasking techniques for years as well and even had a "live" demo at LMT Lab Day Chicago a few years ago (b-4 covid). Their acrylic is pricey but it has been worth it to me.

You should also look into their light cured Nano-varnish product! It is an awesome material that seals the acrylic and it give any acrylic or bisacryl that "glazed" appearance without having to hand polish.

Here is a Maxillary implant supported full arch provisional I made with Anaxdent's Flasking system, New Outline acrylic and Nano-varnish.

Attachments

• DSC_8576.JPG
    DSC_8576.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 12
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The anaxdent flasking system is awesome with the clear silicone. Ive never used it but you cant go wrong with german expertise and quality materials.. they pave the road, we pay the toll.

E

elisa7joy

Reaction score
As I am about to post a question about acrylic tooth powder, I feel I have some insight. First, let me say I'm not a pro. I'm barely a newbie. However, I recently began a search to find the best tooth shade powder so I feel I have some first hand knowledge.

I have tried the following tooth colored powders
Jet
Qyk-set by Holmes Dental(I actually meet the people who created this nice guys)
Bosworth Trim II
Snap
Novacryl(they make the opticryl gum shades)

My experience has been that qyk-set was the best. However it cost a little more than the others. It is American made and owned, like I said nice people live in Pennsylvania. I liked it because I found it mixed the most like the dough/thick paint consistency I find easiest to work with.

Jet and Novacryl were both too powdery!! They produced a less than quality tooth imo. After a few days it felt like they were chewy almost not hard enough at all.

Snap and Bosworth give a nice glossy finish and provide a harder material. I would recommend them above the others (Jet and Nova)

The only thing I didn't love about the qwk-set was the finish isn't super glossy like snap or Bosworth. However those brands are hard to mix to a nice consistency(please see the question I will be posting shortly). Also once the qwk is buffed a quick coat of high gloss finish will give the same effect.

Some brands I would still like to try include Alike and an acrylic powder company from Texas that actually creates powder for all things not just dental. I want to try as many as possible before coming to a final conclusion.

One suggestion is also to mix the brands to get a better powder. I had too much of the Novacryl and some Snap and found they mixed together well. Still I felt even after experimenting with different ratios of powder mixing that the Qwk-set was superior.

The Holmes Dental company also makes base acrylic shades, but I haven't tried those.

Overall I would say Qyk-set is in the lead by a large margin!!! I get no kick back for saying this unfortunately since the price is a bit higher than the other brands. Still it's my well researched opinion.

E

elisa7joy

Reaction score
I would like to piggyback on JBHeat and ask the same question. I do not like Jet. We are actively searching for a better replacement. I have heard of Novacryl but yet to hear any feedback on use.

Thanks
Please read my review

E

elisa7joy

Reaction score
This is what we use.
Hmm I'll have to add this to my list of need to try

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
So I thought I'd update on this thread. I started using the ivoclar brand and I really like it! I already use a lot of ivoclar products already so it was a nice fit. I'm also going to use TX-2th-guy's suggestion on the nano-varnish. That prosthetic looks beautiful!

The patient I made the jet FP1 is transitioning into his finals (going to zirconia upper and lower),his lower arch has a standard immediately loaded denture and oddly enough that one got a fracture that I needed to repair a couple times. The damn jet FP1 never even got close to fracturing, which we find kind of funny to us.

Top Bottom