Stressed out.

W

Wechez

Reaction score
I was a dream to one up my home based small dental lab. I bought a second hand EP600 combi on eBay. I decided to connect it an it gave my some problems.
1. First I connected it. It tells me the card reader is not available after I connected it.
2. The vacuum cannot be reach 10%.
3. The muffle cannot attain the maximum temperature.
Please I need your assistance. IMG_20200502_192912.jpg IMG_20200502_192901.jpg IMG_20200502_192839.jpg IMG_20200502_192826.jpg IMG_20200502_190707.jpg IMG_20200502_190633.jpg IMG_20200502_190620.jpg IMG_20200502_190525.jpg IMG_20200502_190419.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_192912.jpg
    IMG_20200502_192912.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I was a dream to one up my home based small dental lab. I bought a second hand EP600 combi on eBay. I decided to connect it an it gave my some problems.
1. First I connected it. It tells me the card reader is not available after I connected it.
2. The vacuum cannot be reach 10%.
3. The muffle cannot attain the maximum temperature.
Please I need your assistance. View attachment 35700 View attachment 35701 View attachment 35702 View attachment 35703 View attachment 35704 View attachment 35705 View attachment 35706 View attachment 35708 View attachment 35709
these are little work horses....but, you have some maintenance to do in order to get yours in working condition again. looks like you need a muffle, maybe check your fuses, and def check your vac pump. start there and address those concerns. try to fire it back up and report back to us. good luck trying to find a muffle. might have better luck finding a used one for parts!

W

Wechez

Reaction score
these are little work horses....but, you have some maintenance to do in order to get yours in working condition again. looks like you need a muffle, maybe check your fuses, and def check your vac pump. start there and address those concerns. try to fire it back up and report back to us. good luck trying to find a muffle. might have better luck finding a used one for parts!
The pump is working. I will change the fuses. I will let you know.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ebay is definitely on the side of the buyer if this said it was in working order. sellers have no rights and must take it back if youre not satisfied. Even if you dont know how to turn it on. Start a resolution ASAP. How much did you pay for it? Mine has these errors too every once in awhile, just restart it and try it a few times. Things break in shipping.. muffles and thermocouples are very sensitive and very rare for these..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It doesnt look good for the muffle though.. if that bar doesnt have any dark in it, its life expectancy is probably over and wont be reliable even if it does start to work.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I have an EP600 that Iv'e owned from new ,,,,,It was having weird faults ,so I ended up putting in a new heating element & thermo couple that didn't fix it ,,,,,,,then I put in a new motherboard from Ivoclar and that sorted it out .( now it works perfectly) Six months after that I stopped doing emax ,lol. Anyway it looks like new ,I will be throwing it up on ebay for sale as soon as I get around to it .

W

Wechez

Reaction score
I have an EP600 that Iv'e owned from new ,,,,,It was having weird faults ,so I ended up putting in a new heating element & thermo couple that didn't fix it ,,,,,,,then I put in a new motherboard from Ivoclar and that sorted it out .( now it works perfectly) Six months after that I stopped doing emax ,lol. Anyway it looks like new ,I will be throwing it up on ebay for sale as soon as I get around to it .
How much did it cost for the motherboard.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure ivoclar discontinued parts for this oven. you might want to try garland. they might have parts. I hope you didnt pay too much that thing can be a money pit fast. thermocouple is at least $400+. muffle probably double that.
I paid $600 for mine on ebay and it works great.
Do you have the card reader attached?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its possible I guess, mine gives me a fit if its not connected. I really only press crowns every few months anymore..

W

Wechez

Reaction score
Yes i have it but it's not reading.
I'm pretty sure ivoclar discontinued parts for this oven. you might want to try garland. they might have parts. I hope you didnt pay too much that thing can be a money pit fast. thermocouple is at least $400+. muffle probably double that.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The pump is working. I will change the fuses. I will let you know.
just because the pump is working doesnt mean its working adequately. from the looks of the pic its not drawing enough vac. which means its running but not working properly. just sayin!

W

Wechez

Reaction score
Send me their store address or website.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
At the very least give them a call and see if they have some solutions.