Straumann takeing Labwork from labs.

V

vjinoian

Reaction score
It seems Straumann is trying to bypass labs again. They treid this in 2012. The reason why I am asking this is because in Switzerland they have started to place 3Shape systems in Dentalclinics that do a certain turnover with them. The Clinics in return have to send there Crown & Bridge work to Straumanns production center.

I think we technicians should stand together to stop such companies. It seems they have forgotten who made them big.

In the past we have seen companies that can’t get enough will fail.

So to all in technicians worldwide lets stick together and not buy products from companies that want to take our business.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So Straumann started to sell Trios here this year from what I was told.
Now we see the end game. This will be predicated by the " use original ,send to Straumann" approach.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
It seems they have forgotten who made them big.
i'm not so sure Labs make implant companies successful.

don't forget there are two players in this game; Labs only buy the components that go on the implant, doctors and prosthos buy the drilling and placement kits, as well as the implant bodies themselves, this is a far greater pricetag.

what the Labs buy may have a lower pricetag but we buy in volume.

so the split isnt quite down the middle. straumann looking at labs like labs are the middlemen is for the most part kinda true. think about this: a dentist on board a Navy vessel or air force carrier, is going to have to do his/her own lab work. 1-2 person dental offices in mini malls around the world, will do some if not all of their own lab work. these are the doctors you never see an ad for, the only signage they have is the name on their door and their one name in the yellow pages. these tiny clinics represent the majority of practices globally.

for those clinics to be doing implant dentistry in the first place is huge. majority of the majority are not, they refer this kind of work out. but some do it themselves. its that slice of the pie that is worth more than local labs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
everyone wants to be a dental technician™

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Straumann is probably the company I feel LEAST threatened by haha Just wait until doctors get a real taste of what we've been dealing with for years with that company. They'll be sprinting back.
To be fair, other than their products, customer service and technical support, it's a GREAT company to work with Hahaha

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I can't wait till Straumann starts selling their abutments directly to the Docs... I'm going to need get the larger bag of popcorn for this, sit back and watch this train wreck happen. Oh those Docs are gonna go ballistic at what Straumann calls 'quality' custom abutments coming out of their manufacturing plant. I might even order a Moscow mule, but I'll probably be laughing too hard to drink it anyways.

D

DrG

Reaction score
I can't wait till Straumann starts selling their abutments directly to the Docs... I'm going to need get the larger bag of popcorn for this, sit back and watch this train wreck happen. Oh those Docs are gonna go ballistic at what Straumann calls 'quality' custom abutments coming out of their manufacturing plant. I might even order a Moscow mule, but I'll probably be laughing too hard to drink it anyways.
Straumann sell directly their cust abutments to dentists trough Scan & Shape. I was invited at the Straumann Platinium convention (only 50 ish accounts in the US) and asked Straumann USA president if Scan &Shape is available for DDS, not only labs. The answer was yes and that they had no plans to make it available for labs only. I am a DDS and a lab btw.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Straumann sell directly their cust abutments to dentists trough Scan & Shape. I was invited at the Straumann Platinium convention (only 50 ish accounts in the US) and asked Straumann USA president if Scan &Shape is available for DDS, not only labs. The answer was yes and that they had no plans to make it available for labs only. I am a DDS and a lab btw.
I prefer the melted butter kind...not too much salt though. Should be a great shltshow....and to think, you heard it here first. Enjoy :)

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
You can buy a “Straumann FDA approved workflow” and mill their blanks...

Top Bottom