Straumann scan bodies with IOS systems

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
4-5 days for the Itero model to get here
We then have to scan the Cadent model with the Straumann scan bodies in place. Design and send the files to Straumann with 3shape.
5-7 day turn around on the Straumann abutments.
Then tack on the in house time we need to process the rest of the case.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Wow.

I get everything back in 48 hrs.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score

its straumann scanbody i guess

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
problem is when you design the straumann abutment, and get their special analog to put in the model, the tissue is all jacked up. It's almost like you have to index the itero model, then cut it back, and then put soft tissue in, then but abutment in....

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
problem is when you design the straumann abutment, and get their special analog to put in the model, the tissue is all jacked up. It's almost like you have to index the itero model, then cut it back, and then put soft tissue in, then but abutment in....
that's mean the analogue in the library u use to design model is different of the one you have in hand.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I have the library and we are currently sending design files through 3shape for Straumann to mill. The problem is processing IOS cases that the doctor uses the Straumann scan bodies. Getting a model made off of a 3M scan is going to be a hassle. The turn around time is going to be way too long to finish out a case like this.
Are you able to use ModelBuilder with the IOS scans - in other words, do you have the .dme files for the scan bodies and repositionable analog? I'm saying if you can create an .stl file for the model with a receptacle for the analog, I can print your models. I've done a handful of cases using TruDef scans and the Core 3D scan bodies / analogs, and the process works. PM me if you are interested and I will send you my phone number so we can discuss.

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Are models from "Innovation MediTech" good enough for inlays/onlays? Guys can you sugest which way is better to produce digital model fron intra scan? Printing vs. Milling?
Thanks a lot for your time :)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
that's mean the analogue in the library u use to design model is different of the one you have in hand.
no it's not the analogue fit....

the abutment is designed to put positive pressure on the tissue. The iTero model does not reflect that.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are models from "Innovation MediTech" good enough for inlays/onlays? Guys can you sugest which way is better to produce digital model fron intra scan? Printing vs. Milling?

The way I understand it, ( don't even go there:mad:),milled models are patented through ITero/ In visalign.. Therefore printed models are the only option for other IOS systems.

Keep in mind that no matter what you design and fabricate from an ios, the model is used to verify your design,not to fabricate from. Porcelain layering is the exception of course.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
The way I understand it, ( don't even go there:mad:),milled models are patented through ITero/ In visalign.. Therefore printed models are the only option for other IOS systems.

Keep in mind that no matter what you design and fabricate from an ios, the model is used to verify your design,not to fabricate from. Porcelain layering is the exception of course.

are you sure???

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
what u r saying does not make sense to me.
may be your talking about ortho models.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So milled models are not patented by Itero?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
no, up to the best of my knowledge you can build models on 3shape, dental wings, and exocad.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
and mill it or print it anywhere, it can be export as stl file

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
even inlap has this option to build up a model with wood blocks

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Definitely going to try to talk the doctor into in house milled abutments
Are you able to use ModelBuilder with the IOS scans - in other words, do you have the .dme files for the scan bodies and repositionable analog? I'm saying if you can create an .stl file for the model with a receptacle for the analog, I can print your models. I've done a handful of cases using TruDef scans and the Core 3D scan bodies / analogs, and the process works. PM me if you are interested and I will send you my phone number so we can discuss.
Straumann has the geometries for the hole where the repositioning analog goes. They want us to purchase the CS2 model builder software to process the model files annnnddd I'm not doing that. We don't do enough of those cases to pay for the software.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Printing!

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score

If I wanted to waste a mill on model milling, I have blanks to do that. It's just not practical.

Top Bottom