Straumann scan bodies with IOS systems

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I am looking for an easy workflow to process cases where the doctor scans in the Straumann scan bodies with their IOS system. Any techs out there know about this? I am needing to produce a model, then design implants and crowns.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I am looking for an easy workflow to process cases where the doctor scans in the Straumann scan bodies with their IOS system. Any techs out there know about this? I am needing to produce a model, then design implants and crowns.
What IO scanner are your clients using?

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
2thm8kr has the right question. In addition we need to know what scanner system you have.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
by the way i am looking also for Straumann multi-unit abutment system.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I use nt trading scan bodies which I purchase from Argen. Argen has the complete system including special analogs for your printed models.

I was one of their beta testers for the Trios using their milled abutments.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I have 3shape model builder. I am looking for a way to process the Straumann scan body cases. Straumann is going around telling doctors that lab milled abutments are second hand garbage pretty much and then they sell them their scan body kit, so Straumann gets their implant business through the lab. It's crap and causing me headaches. If I had my choice, I would get the doctor the NT kit and mill the abutments in house. The Straumann kit is integrated into 3M and Itero, but 3M nor Itero make the models. Itero has a company in Germany that makes the models. To process the cases though, you have to have Straumann's software kit or Dental Wings to get the file prepped to have the models made from Meditech(in Germany). I'm still working on a way around, but it doesn't look too promising.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Is the Straumann process basically that they make the abutment and then furnish a model with a die that is a facsimile of the abutment? And the bill for the abutment comes to you? Why not just work with them; put a decent mark-up on the abutment and mode, and complete the casel? Of course, its a different story if they are shipping the abutment to the doc and then you get just the restoration.

I've been working with Core3D IOS scan bodies and have had great success to date. Maybe call Mark Ferguson and pick his brain?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So mill the abutments yourself and guarantee the implant for replacement if it fails.
If you have ever looked at the warranty these implant companies are giving, it's a scam.
They only replace the implant itself, not the surgeons time or crown replacement and there are a ton of stipulations.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
I have 3shape model builder. I am looking for a way to process the Straumann scan body cases. Straumann is going around telling doctors that lab milled abutments are second hand garbage pretty much and then they sell them their scan body kit, so Straumann gets their implant business through the lab. It's crap and causing me headaches. If I had my choice, I would get the doctor the NT kit and mill the abutments in house. The Straumann kit is integrated into 3M and Itero, but 3M nor Itero make the models. Itero has a company in Germany that makes the models. To process the cases though, you have to have Straumann's software kit or Dental Wings to get the file prepped to have the models made from Meditech(in Germany). I'm still working on a way around, but it doesn't look too promising.

tell ur docs that xxxx company give you the warranty not for free they put 35% increase over the market price .... to refund later only 5% or less of the cases which is the failure ratio so the direct profit to the implant company just from the warranty alone is 30%, plus insulting us, grow a reputation and cheat the docs and patient by a stupid warranty story.

and by the way many abutment made in lab is much better than xxxx company abutment.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
by the way 98% or more of the failure of the abutments happens at the insertion appointment, or within couple of days after.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Is the Straumann process basically that they make the abutment and then furnish a model with a die that is a facsimile of the abutment? And the bill for the abutment comes to you? Why not just work with them; put a decent mark-up on the abutment and mode, and complete the casel? Of course, its a different story if they are shipping the abutment to the doc and then you get just the restoration.

I've been working with Core3D IOS scan bodies and have had great success to date. Maybe call Mark Ferguson and pick his brain?
If they could just accept the scan file, process and send me a model, I'd be fine. They are talking this mess to the doctors and pinning us against the wall to buy their software, which is not cheap.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score

I know Straumann now works with 3shape, our rep has gotten a couple of docs asking for Straumann stuff so we scan with their scan bodies- they mill the Ti stuff and we mill Zirconia and order the Variobases to glue to them. Ask your lab rep to get you the scan body library setup on your 3shape

http://www.straumann.us/en/localnews/News/3shape.html

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I have the library and we are currently sending design files through 3shape for Straumann to mill. The problem is processing IOS cases that the doctor uses the Straumann scan bodies. Getting a model made off of a 3M scan is going to be a hassle. The turn around time is going to be way too long to finish out a case like this.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have the library and we are currently sending design files through 3shape for Straumann to mill. The problem is processing IOS cases that the doctor uses the Straumann scan bodies. Getting a model made off of a 3M scan is going to be a hassle. The turn around time is going to be way too long to finish out a case like this.
What are you guys looking at for turn around times??

Top Bottom