Straumann SC Platform shortage. Help needed.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
I need help. I don't make too many implants and if I do I send it to Straumann for custom made abutment. Apparently there is a global shortage of SC platform titanium blocks and the wait time is about a month. My dentist doesn't want a Variobase and a abutment as an option. He wants it milled in one piece. Anyone else has SC platform titanium blocks in stock that can mill an abutment for me in the US or does it have to be milled by Straumann only? I have everything scanned and ready to go.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
I will try them tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
find someone with a Zirkonzahn mill they have blocks for that kind of thing.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
SC is a hard platform to do, i hate them personally and they are only meant to be place in upper laterals and lower 4 incisors only! Same with nobel 3.0 avtives, only FDA approved for those positions. And Ti bases are a nightmare if not properly places.

Tru abutment only does NC,RC, RN and WN no SC.

cipro

cipro

Reaction score
Someone with a Motion 2 from Amann Girrbach
and the Icadcam software may be able to do it.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
My rep said they will be available again on november 10th. We shall see.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Their DIM analogs are back ordered.. we have cases sitting

G

grantoz

Reaction score
then they will bitch that you arent using genuine parts .this crap from straumann drives me nuts. they are trying to sell me software at the moment for 9 grand so i can receive stl file from their planing software to print surgical guides .the guy wants to come around and explain how its going to benefit me financially.good luck with that one.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
then they will bitch that you arent using genuine parts .this crap from straumann drives me nuts. they are trying to sell me software at the moment for 9 grand so i can receive stl file from their planing software to print surgical guides .the guy wants to come around and explain how its going to benefit me financially.good luck with that one.

I really love the straumann platform, their digital solutions (angled screw channels, quick turnaround on custom abut., and the SC solution) but holy cow are they a pain to work with when it comes to letting the lab play a more significant role in case planning, and even receiving scans from GP/Surgeon. 3i is worse. Man they blow.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Let us know if he leaves smiling and standing up straight as when he walked iin.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
software to receive stl files coming out of Co Diagnostix? wat?

useless

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
SC is a hard platform to do, i hate them personally and they are only meant to be place in upper laterals and lower 4 incisors only! Same with nobel 3.0 avtives, only FDA approved for those positions. And Ti bases are a nightmare if not properly places.

Tru abutment only does NC,RC, RN and WN no SC.

Is that per Katie? Pretty sure I’ve done them..
Or maybe just Ti-bases

84E14746-3D04-467C-B295-2D642707028D.jpeg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Yea, crap.. was sure we’ve been doing them..
Katie actually told me to get in touch with you.

Just down the road

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I’ll do a 3Shape order Monday