Straumann Headaches...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Older Thread. But running into some issues with dr sending ios scans with straumann scan marker. I can not print my own model of the ti base set into model. Does anyone have a workaround for this? We are using exocad and modelcreator.

I haven't looked through Valletta or Matera versions of exocad, but if you use NT Trading scan bodies and DIM analogs you can make models with exocad for Straumann and a few of the other implant systems out there. You will have to dial in the printer settings to get a proper fit of the analogs.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
I haven't looked through Valletta or Matera versions of exocad, but if you use NT Trading scan bodies and DIM analogs you can make models with exocad for Straumann and a few of the other implant systems out there. You will have to dial in the printer settings to get a proper fit of the analogs.
Yes we do use those but my sometimes they cant use them due to the inter proximal flare near base and they revert to using the straumann cares marker.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yes we do use those but my sometimes they cant use them due to the inter proximal flare near base and they revert to using the straumann cares marker.
Then your other option is to use implant editor and swap the NT Trading scan bodies for the Straumann and make a new implant library.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Our first case with Straumann was like that. What is it that stops us from being able to save and print?

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Our first case with Straumann was like that. What is it that stops us from being able to save and print?
The library is secured to prevent us from printing the base as part of model is what I have found out. Just a way for them to keep skin in the game I guess

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Then your other option is to use implant editor and swap the NT Trading scan bodies for the Straumann and make a new implant library.
Wish this workflow was wasnt the solution for working with them even though we ordering their scan markers and vario base. Should let us print our own models

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wish this workflow was wasnt the solution for working with them even though we ordering their scan markers and vario base. Should let us print our own models
Straumann doesn't have DIM analogs unless you count the repositionable POS ones they have for iTero.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i see the behavior of straumann similar to what they are talking about in the henryschien patterson thread they wanted 9 grand from me just so i could receive ios and cone beam scans from their scanner.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I’ve had no problems importing iOS scans into ExoCad.(Valetta & Mattera) The scan body they use works with the "Straumann titanium base" library. There are different gingival height options..pick the one you want . There is also a Vario-Base library as well....you may have to "dig" through the libraries to see which scan marker they use. Model Creator uses the repositionable analog for the printed models. So far,I haven't had any problems with fit. And, when they insist on OEM Straumann I make sure they are aware that they will pay for the extra cost for OEM parts. ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_4236.JPG
    IMG_4236.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4234.JPG
    IMG_4234.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4235.JPG
    IMG_4235.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 43
doug

doug

Reaction score
Were you able to print your own model or did you have to send to Straumann for printing?

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I print my own models using ExoCad Model Creator...Printer is a NextDent 5100

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
So my next question is what step am I missing? I have the Straumann files and when it's time to save the models it won't let me. I can only send to Straumann for printing.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Are you using ExoCad and do you have the Model Creator module? If you don't, then that's what you're missing.

If you do, Then maybe your reseller must have it set up somehow so you have to send to Straumann?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Yes, I have all of the above. I figured it was a setting that Straumann put in when the install their Iimplant library. I guess it's time to go on an adventure.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have all of the above. I figured it was a setting that Straumann put in when the install their Iimplant library. I guess it's time to go on an adventure.
What did you figure out?

doug

doug

Reaction score
We had to carry the model creator case to finish, then go back a step, then everything would export to our printer. SMH!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I’ve had no problems importing iOS scans into ExoCad.(Valetta & Mattera) The scan body they use works with the "Straumann titanium base" library. There are different gingival height options..pick the one you want . There is also a Vario-Base library as well....you may have to "dig" through the libraries to see which scan marker they use. Model Creator uses the repositionable analog for the printed models. So far,I haven't had any problems with fit. And, when they insist on OEM Straumann I make sure they are aware that they will pay for the extra cost for OEM parts. ;-)
What resin did you use for that model ?

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Nextdent model 2.0 peach. I hit ‘em with a little spray of S100 engine brightener (silicone polymer) to give them a little shine.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Nextdent model 2.0 peach. I hit ‘em with a little spray of S100 engine brightener (silicone polymer) to give them a little shine.
Hi Larry, can you please expand on that spray enhancement?? Thanks!

Top Bottom