Straumann Cares CS2 Scanner

TMNT120

TMNT120

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm curious about having some fun with old equipment. I have a chance to pick up an old Straumann CS2 Scanner for next to nothing so I figured it might be a neat little project. I'm not very familiar with the how the Straumann scanner works, but I heard that it was compatible with dental wings. I was wondering if it would be possible to capture the scan data and output it into stl format to use with exocad or 3shape.

Any thoughts?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Good luck, Straumann has probably been in to it and shut it down. They'll want a lot of money to let you use it. Hook a cinder block to it and use it as an anchor.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm curious about having some fun with old equipment. I have a chance to pick up an old Straumann CS2 Scanner for next to nothing so I figured it might be a neat little project. I'm not very familiar with the how the Straumann scanner works, but I heard that it was compatible with dental wings. I was wondering if it would be possible to capture the scan data and output it into stl format to use with exocad or 3shape.

Any thoughts?
Enjoy!

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
if it's really for next to nothing, you may want to see who's running trade in promotions and get some cash off a usable scanner.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
there's a reason it cost next to nothing. it might be useful as a trade in though.