.stl

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We had to pay an additional fee for "Any STL." This allowed us to import ANY stl... Maybe your missing that option?
Three dongle upgrades.
-Impression scanning
-Trios importing
-Any STL
Untitled.png

Marcus it is called all scan model builder, it is 8K there is now simple add on option. There is either the trios or the all scan that I know of. And how much was your additional fee?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Marcus it is called all scan model builder, it is 8K there is now simple add on option. There is either the trios or the all scan that I know of. And how much was your additional fee?
$8k for the allscans .stl acceptance? bogus!
id know the price if core3d would call back, but they dont. which is why my zirconia goes elsewhere

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
$8k for the allscans .stl acceptance? bogus!
id know the price if core3d would call back, but they dont. which is why my zirconia goes elsewhere
You're just a number with the corporate labs.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You're just a number with the corporate labs.
heyyyyyyyyyyyy got a call back.
so it seems allscans is for building models....which my dr wants to avoid. he wants to go modeless....soooooo im back to the start.
what can I do to convert an stl to dcm in order to use it in 3shape OR what needs to be unlocked in 3shape in order to design the crowns from the stl scans?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You still have to have that module to be able to pull the scan into not so FreeShape.

If you want to work with any scan out there, you must have the All Scans module.

See what I did there? :D

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
heyyyyyyyyyyyy got a call back.
so it seems allscans is for building models....which my dr wants to avoid. he wants to go modeless....soooooo im back to the start.
what can I do to convert an stl to dcm in order to use it in 3shape OR what needs to be unlocked in 3shape in order to design the crowns from the stl scans?
You need model builder and any stl.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
will design those crowns Monday when I return. and I'll get a model printed for fit, occlusion, contact verification while I get used to fully digital.
I'll be printing the design on my pj1200 and pressing into monolithic emax. will keep everyone informed!

N

nexdent

Reaction score
I have got a question regarding cerec intraoralscan import.
We have got an customer (dentist) with Sironas cerec bluecam. Sirona said that I have to buy inLab (~6000$) to import the cerec file and export as stl so that I can import it to 3Shape. Is that true or is there a workaround?

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
I got an .stl impression scan file from a cerec user today....first one from a client.
so my question becomes (while my 3shape support is out of pocket),how can i put this .stl into my 3shape and get some crowns made....ideally model-less. if i need to get models printed, who can do that reasonably?
pardon my ignorance, there arent many cerec users here locally and even less that want/can send out the scans for fabrication. its the first exposure i have to it...and i spent way too long looking through old posts LOL

you have to create a new order , you can import the scan file ,( including stl.dcm .hps ) , this is my 3shape how to work with open stl files . try it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
update:

scans imported, crowns designed. zero issues! zero extra 3shape costs!

as this is new to me and the dr, i am having models printed and sent for fit, occlusion, contact verification purposes. once we get it nailed down i am excited to go model-less ;-)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
They gave you free client points, no way you will be able to do this long term with out paying, if so I want to know how.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
They gave you free client points, no way you will be able to do this long term with out paying, if so I want to know how.
nope, no free client points either :D

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok I give up, if they took a raw IOS in .stl format and imported into your 3shape system with out having ALL SCANS or using client points I would really appreciate an explanation on how this is accomplished

Do you understand how they did it enough to share?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ok I give up, if they took a raw IOS in .stl format and imported into your 3shape system with out having ALL SCANS or using client points I would really appreciate an explanation on how this is accomplished

Do you understand how they did it enough to share?

John most likely he designed the unit on a solid and had the stl file printed as a solid. No way to have a die separated without all scan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
update:

scans imported, crowns designed. zero issues! zero extra 3shape costs!

as this is new to me and the dr, i am having models printed and sent for fit, occlusion, contact verification purposes. once we get it nailed down i am excited to go model-less ;-)

Side show. Any way to get a screen shot of the model with crown. Just curious is the model section for the die or a solid unsectioned cast as the io scan comes in stl format.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
What?! I talked with about this a year ago they said it was a no go. Best they could do for then was receive file, design tooth and print model. I basically would check to model and stain. So please start talking!!

Top Bottom