.stl

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I got an .stl impression scan file from a cerec user today....first one from a client.
so my question becomes (while my 3shape support is out of pocket),how can i put this .stl into my 3shape and get some crowns made....ideally model-less. if i need to get models printed, who can do that reasonably?
pardon my ignorance, there arent many cerec users here locally and even less that want/can send out the scans for fabrication. its the first exposure i have to it...and i spent way too long looking through old posts LOL

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Create a order then import the scans, this should work.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
don't you need all scans?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ok, 3shape isn't allowing me to import an .stl
.dcm or .hps only

thoughts? I know theres something I am missing.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
you will need allscans (or someone you'd be willing to send the case to)

:)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Gotta love closed systems!

images

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
very well could be

It's called CAD points! Call you dealer and purchase some then you can use any module in the software without having to purchase the module. 12 cad point for all 3rd party IO scanner and 6 cad points for trois. No need to purchase the all scan model builder module.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
indeed allscans isnt really necessary, but if he expends to take scans from other things like planscan, 3m, whatever else, it will be handy.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Gotta love closed systems!
It's called CAD points! Call you dealer and purchase some then you can use any module in the software without having to purchase the module. 12 cad point for all 3rd party IO scanner and 6 cad points for trois. No need to purchase the all scan model builder module.
i would love to speak with my dealer about it.....they wont return a call though. here i sit hours later waiting for core3d to get off their asses. as usual.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i would love to speak with my dealer about it.....they wont return a call though. here i sit hours later waiting for core3d to get off their asses. as usual.

Who is your dealer?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
to pay working with an STL a joke ????

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Call core3d and have them transfer your dongle to argen, you wont regret it. LOL

Switch dealers, call core3d and have them transfer the dongle to argen or another reputable dealer like C.A.P. and be done with it and never have a dealer problem again.

I

IgorN

Reaction score
Bob can u upload the scan file to see what i can do about it.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
ok, 3shape isn't allowing me to import an .stl
.dcm or .hps only

thoughts? I know theres something I am missing.
We had to pay an additional fee for "Any STL." This allowed us to import ANY stl... Maybe your missing that option?
Three dongle upgrades.
-Impression scanning
-Trios importing
-Any STL
Untitled.png

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We had to pay an additional fee for "Any STL." This allowed us to import ANY stl... Maybe your missing that option?
Three dongle upgrades.
-Impression scanning
-Trios importing
-Any STL
Untitled.png
okay, still no reply from core3d but that seems to be what I am missing. I have yet to check that exact page, but I am guessing the model builder stuff is what I need.
thanks everyone

Top Bottom