STL file help

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
I currently am in-office and we have everything cerec...omnicam, primescan, inlab 19., mcxl. I have struggled trying to achieve the results I want and capable of with this system. Great for same day crowns for sure, but anything in the anterior is a nightmare. I finally have talked my doctor into investing in 3 shape software but now I have to figure out how to incorporate it into my current workflow and how to transfer these STL files. I will probably send some to a mill center to mill for me but I have to be able to mill in office as well or hes going to upgrade the inlab instead. Ive called different people and companies about it with different answers. Im hoping you guys can help me figure this out. I have to be able to receive their scans, design on inlab and send back to omnicams for mill Pppppppllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeee help me!!!! I want to show them what im capable of and cerec isnt cutting it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so you'll need scans from primescan into stl format for 3shape, which i believe is just a matter of exporting the files using the stl format

then once 3shape is done you'll need to import that to the mill, the instructions for this are here:

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
You can also export the scans in the UDX format that preserves the tooth and gingiva color from the scans. I believe you need have Dental Manager version 2020 to do this, otherwise you can import the STLs as Luke indicated.

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
so you'll need scans from primescan into stl format for 3shape, which i believe is just a matter of exporting the files using the stl format

then once 3shape is done you'll need to import that to the mill, the instructions for this are here: