STL and Invisalign

G

grantoz

Reaction score
A client of mine was wanting to use his IOS scanner to get invisalign done of course he was told his ios wasnt approved but i do remember seeing in a post somewhere that if you just send an open stl that during covid they are accepting stls that are open as they want to avoid contact with impressions as much as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I
A client of mine was wanting to use his IOS scanner to get invisalign done of course he was told his ios wasnt approved but i do remember seeing in a post somewhere that if you just send an open stl that during covid they are accepting stls that are open as they want to avoid contact with impressions as much as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.
In the US there's probably a better chance of seeing a pig flying a plane.

You probably have 'local' options don't you? If not, how's your anti-strauman levels? https://www.straumann.com/clearcorrect/en/home.html

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Give 'em (Invisalign) a call and find out... or get the STL's and fabricate those splints yourself ;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
you are correct, as of right now they are accepting models for sure. i cant verify .stl files but for sure models. (i know for certain)

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Depends from which scanner- I know with 3Shape, Invisalign won't accept their STLs unless the patient scans are from before I believe 2016... They're currently in litigation over the 'monopoly,' though 3Shape scans are approved for them in Europe lol. Your Dr could scan with 3Shape, print the models and send those....

I know some Drs send scans directly via omnicam (primescan is NOT approved)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"though 3Shape scans are approved for them in Europe "
Approved in Canada as well.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
and in oz 3 shape 3 is ok but not 4