Sterngold - Baltic Digital Denture System

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
They're not having as much trouble as you think.

I've had to reline dozens of them with the conversation that it's not bonded, it's basically just humoring us staying there. They have no problem with this.
Please humor me and post up some pics of the next one that comes in... And I must ask... WHY the reline of a computer generated denture? Just change up your program and spit out another one, eh DOCTOR????
I hope you are doubling your standard reline charge....

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Please humor me and post up some pics of the next one that comes in... And I must ask... WHY the reline of a computer generated denture? Just change up your program and spit out another one, eh DOCTOR????
I hope you are doubling your standard reline charge....
If you remind me tomorrow, I'll put a postit over my bench to remind me.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Earlier in the thread I had said that I will reline them with cold cure as long as they understand there is no bond happening and it's just humoring us by staying there. There is added fit, added retention, added strength.

Repairs can be accomplished, sorta, sometimes. You don't get to use chemical bond retention to keep things still anymore. You use mechanical retention. How? It's different every time. But it's also made clear that this is a highly temporary solution, it is only for when absolutely needed, and a new one should have already been ordered and I hope they have a warranty at least as nice as mine. Ok, I don't say all that last sentace, but I really want to.
You came back to my point, that is not a quality work. Here is my case : you did. a printed denture to a Dr Z and a patient named John Smith. John moves to another city or another Dr. The dentist order a reline not knowing that it is a printed denture. The lab picks it up and reline it with standard acrylic. Now comes the time to trim that denture and thin it out to finish it. What do you think it is going to happen. In a nut shell, the lab is screwed, the patient is screwed and the dentist is not happy because that denture is totaled. Anytime you add bonding at one point it will fail. We add retention holes into a lot of areas but not to hold a repair or a reline on a printed denture. Have you used Eclipse? It is a resin product that can not be repaired by a standard acrylic and not even with retention holes. We use them on silicon material with bonder. We know what happens in several months. Trust me I know what I am talking about because I have 2 patents related to dentures.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You came back to my point, that is not a quality work. Here is my case : you did. a printed denture to a Dr Z and a patient named John Smith. John moves to another city or another Dr. The dentist order a reline not knowing that it is a printed denture. The lab picks it up and reline it with standard acrylic. Now comes the time to trim that denture and thin it out to finish it. What do you think it is going to happen. In a nut shell, the lab is screwed, the patient is screwed and the dentist is not happy because that denture is totaled. Anytime you add bonding at one point it will fail. We add retention holes into a lot of areas but not to hold a repair or a reline on a printed denture. Have you used Eclipse? It is a resin product that can not be repaired by a standard acrylic and not even with retention holes. We use them on silicon material with bonder. We know what happens in several months. Trust me I know what I am talking about because I have 2 patents related to dentures.
Simply: We agree. I just don't equate stupid with impossible. I've seen too much stupid.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
if a denture comes into the lab thats printed, we absolutely CAN reline and/or repair it.

but

we call first to inform EVERYONE that theres no guarantee of work being completed and that just the attempt may render the denture unusable. maybe (and thats a big maybe) the prescribing Dr doesnt recognize the difference between an acrylic denture and a printed denture but shame on the lab that cant recognize the difference. and double shame if they do and choose not to pick up the phone to speak with the Dr about it.

any material can be relined with mechanical retention. afterall, thats how acrylic sticks to cast frames. duh. doesnt mean it will last. doesnt mean it will look good.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
if a denture comes into the lab thats printed, we absolutely CAN reline and/or repair it.

but

we call first to inform EVERYONE that theres no guarantee of work being completed and that just the attempt may render the denture unusable. maybe (and thats a big maybe) the prescribing Dr doesnt recognize the difference between an acrylic denture and a printed denture but shame on the lab that cant recognize the difference. and double shame if they do and choose not to pick up the phone to speak with the Dr about it.

any material can be relined with mechanical retention. afterall, thats how acrylic sticks to cast frames. duh. doesnt mean it will last. doesnt mean it will look good.
No guarantee means inadequate job. My point.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
This is what's being missed about working on printed dentures cases. The replacement issues when something goes wrong.
But the brochure said it was the most accurate, fastest, best fitting dentures ever. And all that money you can save in alginate and stone.
🤣

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
But the brochure said it was the most accurate, fastest, best fitting dentures ever. And all that money you can save in alginate and stone.
🤣
And the case will never be late again, just unfinished.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Repair VS patch up, not the same in my standard.
typically repairs are patch ups. tooth breaking off a denture means there is something else going on generally. could be the patient is chewing rocks. could be a 20yr old denture that doesnt fit properly or doesnt function properly. repairs are repairs for a reason. most of the time its because we are patching up a prosthetic to avoid the proper path of replacement.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
typically repairs are patch ups. tooth breaking off a denture means there is something else going on generally. could be the patient is chewing rocks. could be a 20yr old denture that doesnt fit properly or doesnt function properly. repairs are repairs for a reason. most of the time its because we are patching up a prosthetic to avoid the proper path of replacement.
Let’s compare Apple to apples. Issues with dentures and you fix it and call it what ever you want to call it but you are using same material to fix that denture. When you fix a denture the right way, you can not separate the pieces. In resin printed denture you are using an acrylic base material to fix a resin based material and you have to use mechanical retention or a bonder. That is patching up with an issue. I can not emphasize enough doing the right thing to a case. People depend on us, professional, to do the right thing. And I call it the way I see it. Every day I have the chance to ask the question to a resin manufacturer: Can I repair a printed denture, Keystone this morning said NO, unless you use the same material. And I am testing that out without reprinting the denture.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Let’s compare Apple to apples. Issues with dentures and you fix it and call it what ever you want to call it but you are using same material to fix that denture. When you fix a denture the right way, you can not separate the pieces. In resin printed denture you are using an acrylic base material to fix a resin based material and you have to use mechanical retention or a bonder. That is patching up with an issue. I can not emphasize enough doing the right thing to a case. People depend on us, professional, to do the right thing. And I call it the way I see it. Every day I have the chance to ask the question to a resin manufacturer: Can I repair a printed denture, Keystone this morning said NO, unless you use the same material. And I am testing that out without reprinting the denture.
Let's be clear:
If an office called you and said "Got a fractured printed denture here. Pt is from out of town just needs to get home so they can get a new one printed. They want to be unashamed when on the way home. I don't expect you can do anything permanent, just put the parts together so they look like they have teeth and I know you can't promise anything"

You'd say. "No doc, I'm not doing that."?