Sterngold - Baltic Digital Denture System

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into this system currently and hoping someone on here has looked into it or is using it that can share their experience (pros/cons).
It's a milled denture with the teeth incorporated in it using Sterngolds software. The sterngold software is $1,800 and the pucks are $173 approximately.
Much like Ivoclars ivotion, except you don't have to use 3Shape and don't have to use a PM Mill which is why I didn't personally go that route. I agree Sterngolds pucks are up there, doesn't leave much meat on the bone per say for the lab but it's doable. Sterngolds info on this system CLICK HERE

Why not just print?...printed dentures still blow!!! Milling is substantially stronger and much more aesthetic pleasing. Although, traditional dentures still look even better than milling, they are no comparison to printed is why.

What say you?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've been to a few lectures on it, not through Stern, but Merz and some one here Stateside.
Seems to work if you are good with small, med, large.
HAve you seen anything on it other than online info?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I've been to a few lectures on it, not through Stern, but Merz and some one here Stateside.
Seems to work if you are good with small, med, large.
HAve you seen anything on it other than online info?
I have not, which concerns me...but I know it's also 'new' but I love the Mertz teeth and being able to utilize this system without getting new hardware has perked my interest.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
There are some in depth lectures regarding this. It seems once you got the process of capturing the data down it could be fairly reliable,

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Why not just print?...printed dentures still blow!!! Milling is substantially stronger and much more aesthetic pleasing. Although, traditional dentures still look even better than milling, they are no comparison to printed is why.

What say you?
agreed. thats what i say.
depends upon what kind of lab you want to be!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
one setup should be good for anyone right? one non adjustable tooth setup with only 3 sizes to choose from, surely most people fit into this one size fits all solution.

whats next, a 3 implant premanufactured bar only available chairside that you as a patient "either qualify for or don't"

oh wait...

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I'm looking into this system currently and hoping someone on here has looked into it or is using it that can share their experience (pros/cons).
It's a milled denture with the teeth incorporated in it using Sterngolds software. The sterngold software is $1,800 and the pucks are $173 approximately.
Much like Ivoclars ivotion, except you don't have to use 3Shape and don't have to use a PM Mill which is why I didn't personally go that route. I agree Sterngolds pucks are up there, doesn't leave much meat on the bone per say for the lab but it's doable. Sterngolds info on this system CLICK HERE

What say you?
Printed denture are cheap but also can not be reined and hard to repair. Monolithic teeth and pink looks like a Halloween denture. Milled denture are much better because they use actual acrylic but the problem is cost of pucks first, milling machine price is very expensive and takes 2 to 4 hrs to mill. Why does anyone go with this I have no
Idea except if they have no clue how dentures are made. You want fast standard denture making with no CAD or computer check “dentureclone.com”. Patented and very easy on the lab and the Dr.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You can reline a printed denture 2 ways.
Conventional or the 3d printed version.
If cost is a factor then go with the conventional 3 pack.

1612962825604.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No fillers, even better :)

Wasn't it Doris or JMN who mentioned a piece of bologna that was stuck inside a denture repair they received?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've repaired enough conventional dentures in my day to know that realism only lasts about a year or so.
To claim that a digital denture is less esthetic is laughable after that first pack of Marlborough's is gone.
Most dentures are repaired so often , they would make a Cuban auto mechanic jealous.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I think there is a future for digital denture with new advancements of materials and technology, if you ask a dentist what he does not like to do most ? It would be dentures. Because of less satisfactions by the patients

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think there is a future for digital denture with new advancements of materials and technology, if you ask a dentist what he does not like to do most ? It would be dentures. Because of less expectations by the patients
Yes, the trend will likely be towards a low cost removable that can be reprinted instead of repaired.
Covid will change the way most people look at hygiene in all aspects of our lives.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
No fillers, even better :)

Wasn't it Doris or JMN who mentioned a piece of bologna that was stuck inside a denture repair they received?
It was me, it was underneath a reline impression. Not only was it bologna, it was GREEN and even orange oil in my mask couldn't get rid of that SMELL!!!

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was me, it was underneath a reline impression. Not only was it bologna, it was GREEN and even orange oil in my mask couldn't get rid of that SMELL!!!

Lol...that's right, I remember after I posted that the word green was used to describe the "aged beef ".

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I was me, it was underneath a reline impression. Not only was it bologna, it was GREEN and even orange oil in my mask couldn't get rid of that SMELL!!!
So Doris, is there green bologna? Or it was spinach in addition to bologna. Full course meal

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So Doris, is there green bologna? Or it was spinach in addition to bologna. Full course meal
It turns green with LOTS of ageing and the smell ripens as well. It's been almost 30 years ago and I can still remember that smell.
Unfortunately there are some things you NEVER forget!!!