Starter scanner

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
between that and the teamviewer lag, it might seem like magic.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Exocad has also Flex license, that I recently bought besides my two perpetual licenses. One thing is to say, that you own the dongle and don´t have to pay the yearly fee, but when you want to update, that actually is a yearly fee. If you don't want to update every year and eventually want/need, then later you still have to pay for all the years you did not pay for it. With flex you have smaller starting price (but a bit pricier update fee compared to perpetual),can add or remove modules (you can't remove any modules on perpetual license - so if you don't actually need a module, you still have to pay for it when updating). Also with flex you get a free dongle replace when something happens with it - also something that is not possible with perpetual license. BUT you HAVE to pay the fee with flex, as otherwise it just stops working, exactly like 3shape.

Also I suggest DOF HD. I have two and even when seeing medit's super fast scanners, I know I don't have any hustle with placing models in the scanner, as you don't have to fix them with anything.

O

Olesvaric

Reaction score
3shape is good if you want to pay yearly fees. If not go with a exocad based CAD scanner.

A

adl

Reaction score
3shape is good if you want to pay yearly fees. If not go with a exocad based CAD scanner.
And if you want to ever upgrade with Exocad you’ll have to pay for the upgrades that you haven’t paid for till then . So , you pick

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
And if you want to ever upgrade with Exocad you’ll have to pay for the upgrades that you haven’t paid for till then . So , you pick
with exo there is a grace persiod where you can hum and haw over your decision to upgrade or not. with 3shape if you haven't paid by the deadline you owe more money.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Seems the cartel has got us coming and going. Bend over b....h! lol. Anyhow, thank your all that have contributed to this discussion. I really appreciate, have learned nothing, lol, reality and experience are a mother that I will soon learn, one way or the other.
I will see what I can find out with some of the labs in my area. Usually owners here are pretty stand off-ish with anyone snooping as to what they are doing. They don't want anybody to know that they make/made mistakes, lol. Shhhh don't tell anyone.

cheers

C

charles007

Reaction score
Definitely drive a couple hours outside your area to visit a lab so there's no feelings of competition. One idea is calling several companies that sell mills for names of their customers who bought their mill and or scanner. In doing this you may find a lab that will mill for you in the same trip. You may get lucky and find a larger lab that has both 3shape and Exocad. scanner. Give out your area where you live and maybe someone here on DLN can help you out.

W

Willard

Reaction score
Go for it you will be a winner either way.
3 shape here. 2 person lab.
I’m married to them. Purchased the rite to use the software as previously mentioned. all modules other than implant placement or whatever they call it. Took advice from this forum in 2014. was the first time I had used the web also hadn’t sent an email. Yeah no bull s—-
I don’t care for the yearly fees. However it’s just a cost of business. When I first opened my lab in 1987 the business phone line and yellow page ad was over $300 a month, more than 3shape support now and it makes me a lot more $. Don’t get me wrong I have my gripes with it however It will help you increase productivity and profit in a short time.
I would imagine exocad would be the same.

Maybe better if you know which a crown bottom is.

margin guy here