Starcona.. Legit or...?

daintybutton

daintybutton

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used Starcona zirconia/other products?

We received a call this morning from one of their reps and I've never heard of their company, wondering if anyone else has experience with them or if they're even legit?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used Starcona zirconia/other products?

We received a call this morning from one of their reps and I've never heard of their company, wondering if anyone else has experience with them or if they're even legit?
When isnpecting a companies legitimacy, see if they have phone numbers that match their address(es) on their website. Then call neighboring addresses (search engines are your friend) and ask them not if x is beside them , but what is besode them.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What advantage would you see by using this product?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
What advantage would you see by using this product?
primary advantage number 1, they arent Uncle Hank.

secondarily i suppose, zir appears to be made in the usa though i have no idea how you'd check that.

thirdly you'd be getting in on the ground level while they have only a few products to sell. your dollars will shape the direction of the company. it could be big.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
secondarily i suppose, zir appears to be made in the usa though
Maybe. As per there 'about us' page, and I quote: "All our products are manufactured and rigorously tested for their quality in highly sophisticated facilities in the United States, Korea, and Japan."

Nothing wrong with that, as long as the quality is there. And, I don't have a clue who they are and if they are legit.

Edit: It does say 'made in the USA' on the Zr. discs.

Last edited:
F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Most importantly check to see if the products they are pitching are actually listed on the FDA site if your using them for as medical devices.
There are some red flags with the product markings- the FDA does not certify material, the FDA does not register materials... The FDA provides a listing for a product and a manufacturer is registered with the FDA.

I cannot find Starcona listed on the FDA site- someone else find it?

Patient safety first and always.

Establishing registration and device listing search:

For premarket 510K search:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maybe. As per there 'about us' page, and I quote: "All our products are manufactured and rigorously tested for their quality in highly sophisticated facilities in the United States, Korea, and Japan."

Nothing wrong with that, as long as the quality is there. And, I don't have a clue who they are and if they are legit.

Edit: It does say 'made in the USA' on the Zr. discs.
The disc or the sticker on the disc... :) I've seen a few underhanded tricks like that. Oh, the sticker was proudly printed in the US, the object was made in Mozambique. [edit: not suggesting the discs are made anywhere in particular, just on many tangents today]

Last edited:
daintybutton

daintybutton

Reaction score
Are the discs made by Heany Industries?
You know what- that's honestly part of what I was trying to indirectly figure out. I've never heard of it and wanted to see if this was something that came up from asking someone completely unrelated to their company since it appears very questionable in general. I guess it's possible, but doesn't appear to be communicated that way in their site copy.

From doing my own quick "investigation" on them, it appears Tosoh zirconia powder (https://www.tosoh.com/our-products/advanced-materials/zirconia-powders) is used by Starcona for their Zpex4 discs, it also appears Heany is connected loosely? (http://luxissedental.com/)..

I appreciate all of the responses, it's pretty much a moot point by now. Since it wasn't clear, I was just curious and sometimes my curiosity leads me down a dark alley.. lol

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You know what- that's honestly part of what I was trying to indirectly figure out. I've never heard of it and wanted to see if this was something that came up from asking someone completely unrelated to their company since it appears very questionable in general. I guess it's possible, but doesn't appear to be communicated that way in their site copy.

From doing my own quick "investigation" on them, it appears Tosoh zirconia powder (https://www.tosoh.com/our-products/advanced-materials/zirconia-powders) is used by Starcona for their Zpex4 discs, it also appears Heany is connected loosely? (http://luxissedental.com/)..

I appreciate all of the responses, it's pretty much a moot point by now. Since it wasn't clear, I was just curious and sometimes my curiosity leads me down a dark alley.. lol
Happens to me all the time. Curiosity may kill the cat, but I shall die well informed.