Staining "up" Pre-shaded Zirconia and D and C shades

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
So, being tired of liquid inventory and time to stain, we are moving to pre shaded NexxZr + zirconia.
1. Is it possible to use A-1 for A-2, A-3 and stain up with insync post sintering. would 3.5 be possible?
2. Is staining pre-shaded in green state possible or recommended for this?
3. Finally, what is the solution for C and D shades? will I still have to keep white pucks around?
as a side note , we would like to use pre-shaded NexxZr T for posterior cases that require more strength. Any reviewes
on T ?
Thanks in advance !

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Order some changs ilquids. I never understood preshaded zirconia.. Who has the time to group units together by color and change pucks but not to color them by hand? It takes less than 20 seconds to color a crown. Theres no gradient in a preshaded puck, just monotone.

You can of course stain preshaded zirconia, but at that point, why not just mill white and control the color from a blank slate?
NexxzrT is good for posteriors, not as nice looking obviously, chalky, but tough as a mother.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We carry all 16 Vita shades in Multilayer & Single shade Zirconia. . I'll send you any shade
you'd like to try FREE. Call Me.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Great point. Form what I see Chang's is now just IDS liquids?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I like preshaded from Katana, but use white from Beyond. I dont care for NexxZr.

That said, Changs colors work well with everything Ive tried. Coloring up might be an issue though...

The A range shades are all the same hue, just increasing chroma and lessening value. In contrast, the B shades are all different colors; not just more 'B'.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
I like preshaded from Katana, but use white from Beyond. I dont care for NexxZr.

That said, Changs colors work well with everything Ive tried. Coloring up might be an issue though...

The A range shades are all the same hue, just increasing chroma and lessening value. In contrast, the B shades are all different colors; not just more 'B'.

What didn't you like about Nexxzr. Was it plus or T ?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We only care white zirconia and use Origin stains to pre-sinter stain them. Once you learn it, it doesn't take much time to do it this way. Crowns look more natural if they are stained properly and it keeps inventory low.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
sagemax is also made in the US. Maybe the only zirc made here.. but Im sure the chinese stuff looks the same .. :rolleyes:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
They're also using Origin liquid. That stuff does work pretty good on a lot of zirconias.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think they sell isostatic presses on alibaba now.. just because it says made in america doesnt mean its not rebranded.. You think nexxzr+ is only 'sagemax' zirconia? . Im not speaking of B&D, I dont know anything about them.. Has anyone taken a tour of their facility?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Order some changs ilquids. I never understood preshaded zirconia.. Who has the time to group units together by color and change pucks but not to color them by hand? It takes less than 20 seconds to color a crown. Theres no gradient in a preshaded puck, just monotone.

You can of course stain preshaded zirconia, but at that point, why not just mill white and control the color from a blank slate?
NexxzrT is good for posteriors, not as nice looking obviously, chalky, but tough as a mother.
I quit dipping a while ago since in my opinion not predictable. Amman G and Pritident preshades ,multi layer and translucent , no need to worry about C or D shades and both post 1100mp or ant. 650mp, fire at the same temp. 1450c. A minimum staining if any at the gingiva is a choice.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I agree that its not predictable sometimes, mostly because of how thick or thin the crown is, but to me the preshade is too monotone, and the multilayer isnt strong enough or economical enough for everyday posteriors.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
For me.... 1200MPh 45 transparent multilayer is strong enough. the blank change in the machine is faster than painting the crown or bridge. for the money for white disks and liquids I bought the discs A light, a dark, b light to start with, covering A1 to B2. I buy unusual colors when needed. the problem is with the large bridges, which often gets those that can only fit in a disk with a height 20-25. then monocolor

R

richgreen

Reaction score
Affinity, a friendly just so's you know, Origin Live, Beyond, Beyond Plus and Beyond Plus Multi disks are made in Utah.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Affinity, a friendly just so's you know, Origin Live, Beyond, Beyond Plus and Beyond Plus Multi disks are made in Utah.
Manufactured wholly in or packaged and sold from?