Stacking Porcelain

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
"Stacking" is term used by production labs.
Stacking, packing, building. Any others?

I was surprised at the color of a straight dentin buildup. I recommend doing one of these in every shade.

user name

user name

Reaction score
One thing I ALWAYS did...use clear, fire to find the magic maturity temp for a given porcelain, then use that as your firing temp. I don't step down with multiple firings. Next...fire a tab of each powder on a piece of platinum...not a pillow tray, and glue it to the top of its respective bottle.

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. :) I've got plenty to learn, and I'm appreciative of the wisdom that gets passed to me. I'll see if I can call up one of our local labs and spend the time sitting next to the porcelain builders.

I appreciate you all!

Kate

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We prefer to be called " all exalted one's of glorious digits "

Adore

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I hate the term " stacking porcelain ", makes me feel like I'm working in a warehouse. And I'm stacking pallets of consumables with a forklift. Not art, but probably pays better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
I'm still debating whether to put "Chief Tooth Geek" or "High Muckety Muck" on my next set of cards.

Grand High Poo Bah of Upper Butt Crack??

Grand Master Lab Daddy?? Thanks Lizzy, that still makes me laugh after all these years!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm still debating whether to put "Chief Tooth Geek" or "High Muckety Muck" on my next set of cards.

Just go with the letters
DTG

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I hate the term " stacking porcelain ", makes me feel like I'm working in a warehouse. And I'm stacking pallets of consumables with a forklift. Not art, but probably pays better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always said building because that is the term my trainer used.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
what about "throwing it together" :). Sometimes my work comes out better that way than if I spend ages on it :)

larsondental

larsondental

Reaction score
Jensen Industries has a great selection of web based series by Peter Pizzi

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
It all comes down to value and contrast, you master those and the rest will follow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anoose007

Reaction score
Depending where you live, best advice any of us can give you is stop by and have a seat....even if it's on a weekend, most of us here would be more than happy to teach you. Especially when it comes to someone eager to learn. Word to the wise though, everyone has a different technique and their style, and none are necessarily wrong, best to learn from a bunch of folks!!!...and develop your own way of doing it.
Hi, can you DM me your contact information. I'm eager to learn and I'd be happy to pay to learn from the best.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi, can you DM me your contact information. I'm eager to learn and I'd be happy to pay to learn from the best.

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

You'll be able to start DM 'conversations' as the site software calls it after your 5th post.
You can take part in them, just can't start them yet.

Go introduce yourself and lets get that post count so your responses show in real time instead of after a staff member made sure it wasn't

"Come try my implants! 50% off! No we mean full price. We sell slightly broken ones."

Top Bottom