Sprintray Permanent Ceramic Crown

• Thread starter Donnie Praditya Sugiarto
  • Start date
D

Donnie Praditya Sugiarto

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Sprintray's new Ceramic Crown Resin ? Is it gonna replace Emax and other Glass Ceramic Block ?

I just read news that their Ceramic Resin is now classified for Permanent

G

grantoz

Reaction score
In My Opinion its a total game charger just like lava ultimate and targis vectris im going to retire right now its all over for labs . why would we even use materials that are 3 4 5 10 times stronger what a waste of time .why would you use materials that dont absorb moisture or scratch or stain or break . how many times do we have this conversation when some company comes out with a plastic that has clearly inferior material properties to the ceramic materials we use . I know they call this stuff a ceramic through a loophole in definition but hey im calling it a plastic, and then it starts to fail then the lawyers get involved because someone starts pushing these on patients as permanent and then they dont last and so the cycle continues. ARTGLASS just for the older techs.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
In My Opinion its a total game charger just like lava ultimate and targis vectris im going to retire right now its all over for labs . why would we even use materials that are 3 4 5 10 times stronger what a waste of time .why would you use materials that dont absorb moisture or scratch or stain or break . how many times do we have this conversation when some company comes out with a plastic that has clearly inferior material properties to the ceramic materials we use . I know they call this stuff a ceramic through a loophole in definition but hey im calling it a plastic, and then it starts to fail then the lawyers get involved because someone starts pushing these on patients as permanent and then they dont last and so the cycle continues. ARTGLASS just for the older techs.
I remember attending a lecture by Dr. Scott Dyer at Lab Day Chicago 2005. This guy got tons of very expensive material to test. He said that Targis Vectris had "Critical Failure" at 20% load. Been skeptical on all new resins since, luckily didn't get sucked into TargVec😱 Same meeting, Ed Harms Sr said he would trust resins when they made a toilet out of one.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Rodin Sculpture no doubt

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Sculpture Fibercore, plenty of doubt.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anyone get any sparks from it when finishing it...i did, surprised me. We are offering it as a product now in our lab (using Rodin Sculpture). To the OP's point, never gonna replace it...just another wrench to pull out in the vast toolbox to work with.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Permanent temporary in my book.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Re-posting my Reckons about any discussion of printed crowns replacing milled ones. SLA/DLP printed parts are inherently inferior mechanically to anything milled from a billet of bulk material because of how the process works, but that's acceptable for some applications and situations where printing's structural advantages are more important than absolute long-term longevity.

RE: the claim that printed parts are stronger: no way. 3D printed resin is essentially always going to make mechanically-inferior parts compared to something milled from a solid billet; at a microscopic level, cured methacrylate UV resins are porous composites of monomers and oligomers entrapping a large proportion of (depleted, inert, mechanically-useless) photoinitiator. By mass, the resins will always bear a significant proportion of this dead weight photoinitiator material that contributes nothing to the structure mechanically and makes it more spongey than the comparatively-solid mass of interlinked polymer molecules you get with a conventionally-produced bulk material that's then milled to form.
SLA/LCD/DLP printed parts rarely make for good final products, mechanically-speaking, if other processes are available. They're weak, they're UV-unstable and tend to deteriorate rapidly even if post-processed correctly, they're porous and love soaking up water, they're prone to creep under load, etc. I'm generalizing here, but it's a safe series of assumptions for most resins.
Printed parts still offer benefits over milling, though, generally speaking- you can often produce parts dramatically faster, as an entire build plate takes just as long to print as a single part does. They allow geometries that are difficult or impossible to mill, and free designers from many of the strictures you learn to work within for milled parts. 3D printing really shines as an intermediary part of a larger process, that makes good use of 3D printing's significant strengths, while using other processes to avoid its weaknesses. The classic example is printing wax models that are then investment cast- you can produce designs of almost any detail level without worrying about what your mill can do or what tooling you have on hand, and you can print large batches of parts very quickly, then do the actual final product with a process and material that's very robust and reliable.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
the Roden Palette stain/glaze kit is out in 2 weeks..
made from the same compounds for a chemical marriage...

cure your stain/glaze within your greenstate cure cycle

Anyone get any sparks from it when finishing it...i did, surprised me. We are offering it as a product now in our lab (using Rodin Sculpture). To the OP's point, never gonna replace it...just another wrench to pull out in the vast toolbox to work with.
62E85B25-26D0-454B-B580-B497202BC9D5_1_105_c.jpeg

Pink and Magenta are added to the kit.. although i love the violet for incisal, Black and white will hit the drawing board and be added at some point

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Sprintray's new Ceramic Crown Resin ? Is it gonna replace Emax and other Glass Ceramic Block ?

I just read news that their Ceramic Resin is now classified for Permanent
OK, so this is definitely NOT a re-branded Pac-dent product. it is NOT Rodin Sculpture.