splinted zirconia venners

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
I recieved a case this morning from one of my accounts
He is asking for splinted zirconia venners on teeth 23-26 witch the DR. seperated the interproximal contacts
The model is in the process of being poured, i will try to post pics after it has been fabricated
This the 1st time i have seen a case like this, any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Greg Amendola MDT

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Thats a first for me also, hope they draw. I've seen splinted bridges as in pfms so I imagine you can do the same just with a different material.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I recieved a case this morning from one of my accounts
He is asking for splinted zirconia venners on teeth 23-26 witch the DR. seperated the interproximal contacts
The model is in the process of being poured, i will try to post pics after it has been fabricated
This the 1st time i have seen a case like this, any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Greg Amendola MDT

First ask WHY? Mobility? Masking?

Second ask if he knows that Zirconia will not etch by itself and will need something on the interface that does to allow it to bond.

I have never done a splinted Veneer, let alone one out of Zirconia so I wish you luck, I am pretty sure which ever cad cam system you decide to use other than a copy miller it will be a fun design.

Good luck, post pics of what you come up with.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
First ask WHY? Mobility? Masking?

Second ask if he knows that Zirconia will not etch by itself and will need something on the interface that does to allow it to bond.

I have never done a splinted Veneer, let alone one out of Zirconia so I wish you luck, I am pretty sure which ever cad cam system you decide to use other than a copy miller it will be a fun design.

Good luck, post pics of what you come up with.

AMEN-BROTHER
will post pics when case is complete

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would be concerned with the potential chocking hazard since zirconia does not bond well .

Emax is a far better option in my opinion.

C

charles007

Reaction score
To me, it seems like a very stupid idea.

If he needs the extra strength, use full contour emax, no layering..... then he can bond these in.......

or thin layer of zir and veneer the veneer, .....or use Crystal Diamond -full contoured zir. These are 2 ideas I would not want in my mouth.

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
*cough* your account does not know what he is asking for, use emax.

Apart from the etching issus they would look horrid, WAY to opaque.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
thank you all for your input today
you are all saying what i was thinking- i didnt think he knew what he was asking for
when we decide witch way to go - i will post pics of the final case

jerry

jerry

Reaction score
waiting to your pictures... i also never heard the zirconium venners.

O

ofair

Reaction score
Hi every buddy.I sow new technicality for veneer but i dont working befor.I think you good luck for the recive case

Top Bottom