Spindle repair

M

macminn

Reaction score
Just replaced a spindle on our Roland DWX50. Wondering if anyone has ever had a spindle rebuilt? Seems to be a lot of places around that do that.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Spindles don't last forever. They're just like other tools, they wear out. They

all have life expectancies and can be replaced with no problem over time.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Just replaced a spindle on our Roland DWX50. Wondering if anyone has ever had a spindle rebuilt? Seems to be a lot of places around that do that.

Hi Mac, could you share with us how long it ran before it went south on you and what did you have it doing(number of units, type of materials etc.)Also, have you had any problems with calibration. Sorry,...Just curious

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hi Macminn, How many hours did it last? How old is you mill? What material were you milling with it? and the most important Q. How did you realize it was time to replace the spindle? thank you

M

macminn

Reaction score
Hi Macminn, How many hours did it last? How old is you mill? What material were you milling with it? and the most important Q. How did you realize it was time to replace the spindle? thank you
I think according to Roland the spindle is rated to last for 2,000 hours or so, maybe 2,500 hours, but somewhere in that ballpark. Ours gave its soul at over 6,000 hours. We mill zirconia, pmma, and wax. Probably 7% zirconia.
Pretty easy to diagnose, we got an error message. The thing wouldn't spin freely.

M

macminn

Reaction score
Spindles don't last forever. They're just like other tools, they wear out. They

all have life expectancies and can be replaced with no problem over time.
Kent, yes, I get that they don't last forever. These mills are similar to CNC machines other industries use, and those industries routinely rebuild their spindles. The replacement spindle for the DWX50 is around $2,000 - $2,300. Comes with a 2 year warranty. I've seen some websites who offer the same warranty on their rebuild. I can't find a model number on the spindle, so can't get an estimate to rebuild unless I send it in. I will do some research and send it in somewhere. What do I have to lose? They don't charge for estimates.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
I rebuild spindle for 450 CAD$ with original ball bearings and parts.Replacing Chuck is not included You can change chuck by self.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
Hi
I repair spindle for Rolland milling units
Una Precision Services

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Hey Nenad.

How about Jaeger spindles, do you rebuild?

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
My Jaeger going on 3 years. Well over 6000 hours. Titanium, chrome, glass, zirc pmma wax

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I suppose it has to do with the solid machine i use, less vibration etc

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi
I repair spindle for Rolland milling units
Una Precision Services
whats the cost and turn around time on rebuilding those?

N

Nenad

Reaction score
is just day to repair
and return right away

Top Bottom