Special Price on VersaMILL 5X Mill

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Axsys Dental is running a promotional price until the end of April on the VersaMILL 5X, $85,500.00 +shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks
Al Morad

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I suggest that perhaps some specs on this mill will attract some conversation, What CAM comes with it? Everything in the picture come with it? How easy to switch between wet and dry? How many tools? What kind of tool breakage monitoring?

Just trying to spur some convo for you.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
It really is an Industrial, robust unit!

Heavy duty.

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Arum VersaMILL Specs

DSCN0462.jpg

The Arum 5 Axis VersaMILL
-Capable of Milling any materials
-5 axis Simultaneous Control
-High speed 3Kw SycoTech Spindle (30K RPM)
-Open source design, can use any Milling Software
-Fixtures and Cartridges for Hard and Soft Materials
-Mill
-Table
-Computer for Machine Control
-Dual Cooling Tanks
-Wet or Dry Milling, uses a single switch to move between Coolant Tanks
-9 Tool Automatic Changer, Tool length Compensation also checks for Tool Breakage
-Touch Probe and remote Built in Camera
-Heay Duty (500lb) Industrial Strenght Mill
-Fits through Standard Door Opening for easy mobility
-5 Micron High Precision Positional Accuracy

Tech Specs
-Dimensions (mm) 640x742x830
-Weight 234kg
-30K 3kW Spindle
-9 Tool Changer, Tool Length Compensation, Tool Length/Break Compensators
-Max Feed Rate; x/y/z Axis 3000mm/min A/B Axis: 30RPM
-Machining Envelope: Circular 96mm
-Square(mm) 100x100x28
-Power Supply 220~230VAC

CAD/CAM Software/Shipping not included in Price
We supply the DELCAM Dental Solution. DentMILL/DentCAD
Also Scanners and all ancillary products.

$85,500.00 +shipping
DSCN0462.jpg

Mehdi

Mehdi

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Morad,
I've seen Arum 5 Axis VersaMILL specs. Could you please give me more information about milling time for these prosthetics: Single Crown(Zir, Titanium),Single Coping(Zir),3 unit Bridge, inlay, onlay, veneer, abutment (Zir, Titanium)?

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
For any mill, this depends on tooling and CAM settings more than the actual mill itself.

This mill is as fast as anything else. (Expect the few seconds difference between tool changes)

Haas has tool change under 2 seconds I think? It is hard to measure.

Some mills take over One minute to change a tool.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hello Mehdi,
I was just re-visiting some of these old threads and thought I might interject a comment or two.

Cycle time is something that I dedicated a section to on our new responsive web-site www.axsysdental.com

This seems to be an area that the digital dental labs and milling centers are most concerned with and can likely be a key criterion in their purchase of a milling machine.

Of course machine cycle time is important but it is in reality, I believe not a true gage of a milling machines production and effect on overall throughput and profitability.

While the VersaMILL is capable of producing single unit zirconia restoration in as little as 6 minutes and titanium implant abutments in less than 20 minutes, our answer to this questions is typically: “How long do you want it to take”?

This may, on the surface, appear to be a flippant answer but in reality we are quite serious. Often time sacrifices are made and indeed even tolerated in the pursuit of fast cycle times. Sacrifices that include:
  • Decreased Cutting Tool Life
  • Increased Manual Bench time
  • Decreased Accuracy
  • Inferior Surface Finish (i.e. Occlusal Surfaces)
  • Poor Feature Definition (i.e. Margin Definition)
  • Increased Design Time
If you get a minute, please take a look at our web-site: http://axsysdental.com/VersaMILL_Main-7.html ->Features Tab-> Cycle Time & Surface Finish Accordion Tab.
I hope the information is a value. Please contact me if you desire additional information.
Best
Steve

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
I've seen some videos of the versamill and i noticed that zirconia is milled wet?
what does this change in the work process? is it better for the milling precision? and can this be done with all zirconia brands?
also I saw that the smallist tool is 0.6mm, is it possible to go smaller then that, am thinking about 0.3mm like in the roland in example

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi Dali,
The difference in the work process (aside from not dealing with filter and suckers) is a 10-15 minute drying time. some of our customer just use a $10 toaster oven!
We find that wet milling produces much sharper margins with significantly less chipping and longer cutting tool life. We have not found a brand of zirconia yet that can't be wet-milled.
Yes it it possible to us a smaller finishing end mill. Our templates have provisions for a 0.3mm tool for our customers that desire more detailed anatomy.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
[QUOTE="[email protected],

Does this mean any cam software?
For example the Jensen preciso CAM and CNC?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
[QUOTE="[email protected],

Does this mean any cam software?
For example the Jensen preciso CAM and CNC?

Actually the initial post should have more specifically indicated that we can take design data (STL format) from virtually any CAD source or machining data from any CAM software capable of producing ISO standard G-code output.

Having said that, although our solution utilizes Delcam DentMILL software, the Versamill runs on ISO standard G-code input therefore any CAM software that can "post process" to this format has the ability to produce an output file that can be run the machine.

There are of course considerations that must be made for the Versamill in the development of the post processor. This is done in each specific CAM software environment.

Also please realize that in these situations the toolpath that is run on the machine is a function of the features/functions of the CAM software used to generate the part program (i.e. program used to machine the restoration). We do not control these programs as the user/operator generates them as a function of their machining templates and/or core CAM software programming tools.

I hope this makes sense. We of course can assist our customers through this process.

If there is any interest I could provide a quick primer on the general CNC programming process which would include internal processes/files and post processing (converting what appears graphically on the screen into actual machine motion).

Last edited:
DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
are you milling emax with this?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Yes we are and just finalizing our latest revision utilizing our multi-unit fixture.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Yes we are and just finalizing our latest revision utilizing our multi-unit fixture.

What kind of coolant are you using? Are you milling the zirconia wet a well? Any trouble colouring it?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
versamill is versatile enough to use any cooland you desire, but for emax water is enough. zirconia is also wet milled (water),but can just as easily dry mill. not a great idea though i'd think. the holders would really suffer over time in a dry environment.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
versamill is versatile enough to use any cooland you desire, but for emax water is enough. zirconia is also wet milled (water),but can just as easily dry mill. not a great idea though i'd think. the holders would really suffer over time in a dry environment.

So you guys have this mill over there CoolHand?

From my experience with milling emax, a coolant is required. I've burned through diamonds without it.

Top Bottom