Special Denture Label maker?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am no where near anything with dentures. But Our denture tech is asking me for some help. I was wondering who makes what I need to print those little ID labels that get put int the denture. Seems like a label maker on clear material but super small font then the average label maker. We had one made by the doctor for whom we made a set of dentures for. Patients first initial and last name.

Can you guy point me in the right direction i just need to purchase the equipment, the denture tech knows how to inset them into the denture a clear over it.

Thanks

Sevan

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Easiest thing to do in the lab, you have everything you need right in the office. Very fast money

Go to word open new document

Pick Arial, size 6, print on regular paper, Take clear packing tape and put it over the front and back of the paper where the print is and then cut out the name.

Cut a notch in the denture and prime with monomer, salt and pepper clear ortho acrylic over the name and cure/finish/polish and your done

Easy, Peezy!

The better way is to do it when you pack the case but since we are injecting I just don't **** with it that way.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Easiest thing to do in the lab, you have everything you need right in the office. Very fast money

Go to word open new document

Pick Arial, size 6, print on regular paper, Take clear packing tape and put it over the front and back of the paper where the print is and then cut out the name.

Cut a notch in the denture and prime with monomer, salt and pepper clear ortho acrylic over the name and cure/finish/polish and your done

Easy, Peezy!

The better way is to do it when you pack the case but since we are injecting I just don't **** with it that way.

That's a good one, but then then background is white, basically looking for a clear label so it blends in nicely.

K

karleames

Reaction score
I take tissue paper and tape it to a sheet of printer and print on the tissue where there is no tape, then remove the tissue paper carefully and cut out the name. When you use clear acrylic and monomer the tissue paper disappears and all you have is the name.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Over the years I've used a product that shrinks ( with heat) clear. I still keep a typewriter here for this purpose. You type it as you want, cut it, then use a toaster oven to shrink it down( with a smooth piece of metal on top to keep it from warping). After shrunk, drop some crazy glue on top, blow off excess and you're good to go. I haven't needed to buy in several years, but I bought it from Woodland Industries 238 Frederick Street, Hanover, Pa. 17331. Hope they still make the product, not sure. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg I usea brother label maker attached to old computer, use an archive grade label, comes with black on clear or white on clear. Also great to make ya look professional when patient denture book has patient name and implant parts, teeth used eat on a black label with gold letters.

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
I really appreciate it when I get a denture made by others that has the shade (and in my case mould) in it. It makes it very easy for the Dr. to send it to me for repairs instead of the lab that originally made it. The other lab is really paying it forward in my case by putting their private info into the denture for the next guy (me).

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I really appreciate it when I get a denture made by others that has the shade (and in my case mould) in it. It makes it very easy for the Dr. to send it to me for repairs instead of the lab that originally made it. The other lab is really paying it forward in my case by putting their private info into the denture for the next guy (me).
STOP TAKING MY CASES!!!!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Makes it easy for me to repair, too, I also know many denture wearers are snow birds, after almost 50 years in dentures I don't mind helping the next guy do a proper job, instead of screwing my nice work up.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
In hindsight the Min-i-dent Denture Identification System Is just shrink film. I was expecting something more like a label maker Ajel has the set up.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
View attachment 24031 View attachment 24030 I usea brother label maker attached to old computer, use an archive grade label, comes with black on clear or white on clear. Also great to make ya look professional when patient denture book has patient name and implant parts, teeth used eat on a black label with gold letters.
what type of paper are you using with that....or better yet, what is a "archive grade label"?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
image.jpeg TZ e acid free labels, same material it turns out used for insulin pump.

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
That's a good one, but then then background is white, basically looking for a clear label so it blends in nicely.

Have you tried cutting around the letters? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk