Space between custom abutment and crown

D

dfri

Reaction score
Hello.

I've been running into issues lately in exocad where I am making custom made abutments when using the cut view there is always a minimal space between the restoration and the custom made abutment, about 0.02mm. We have never had issues that we have noticed regarding the fit but recently it has happened that this space is visible between the two parts.
I have virtually tried everything, changed the setting but nothing seems to close the gap between the abutment and the restoration.

Any tips on how to eliminate this space?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hello.

I've been running into issues lately in exocad where I am making custom made abutments when using the cut view there is always a minimal space between the restoration and the custom made abutment, about 0.02mm. We have never had issues that we have noticed regarding the fit but recently it has happened that this space is visible between the two parts.
I have virtually tried everything, changed the setting but nothing seems to close the gap between the abutment and the restoration.

You want a gap between the crown and the abutment to allow space for the cement. This space starts a certain distance above the margin of the abutment.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
nevermind the fact you need this space for the cement to squeeze out of, otherwise vapour lock and crowns cemented too high in the bite.

there is such a thing as too much precision. this is one of those times.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
The issue with fit is probably a change from anticipate milling diameter in the advanced settings of the crown bottoms

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hello.

Also, make sure in the last window re Undercuts, you select a positive value for protect margin from block out. +.3mm or whatever. If left undisclosed ie blank it will potentially lead to open margin where path of insertion is in conflict. Make sure this Is Always A Positive Value!!!!!Listen

Top Bottom