Some problems after pouring technique

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
This is my opinion. Separator isn’t causing those big voids. Air is being trapped somehow. Either insufficient sprue vents or acrylic isn’t liquid enough when pouring.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
This is my opinion. Separator isn’t causing those big voids. Air is being trapped somehow. Either insufficient sprue vents or acrylic isn’t liquid enough when pouring.
Agree....Moon cratoring is seperator problems, tiny surface perosity is air problem, voids are vent/spruing/pouring problem.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I can tell you 10000% it was my separator ...
1 month ago my go to separator emptied and i used a bottle of separator which i found in my lab ... going back in time ..1 month every pouring had those voids and lack of material ..i pour for almost 10 years now .. never had problems before i used the old separator .. and now after i dumped that in the garbage and using a brand new separator again ..almost 10 dentures since ..all fine ..conclusion = separator was not matching the pouring technique ..or it was too old and expired .. nothing more then that ..you can have my word on this one ..
Ofcourse what you say it may cause similar results .. but to someone new who is not experienced enough with pouring method .. not me , i do all the steps by the book. 😉

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Agree....Moon cratoring is seperator problems, tiny surface perosity is air problem, voids are vent/spruing/pouring problem.
Exactly ! I experienced in my time all of those lol ... my photos show separator gone bad or separator not matching pouring technique

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Exactly ! I experienced in my time all of those lol ... my photos show separator gone bad or separator not matching pouring technique

Moon crators is my biggest trouble from time to time. Any tips...? Also what separator do you use?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I love DVA's APS.

I will admit a good friend tried it in his lab and the techs there disagreed with my rating of super awesome stuff. Funny how technician, technique, and material choice can affect outcomes so greatly.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Moon crators is my biggest trouble from time to time. Any tips...? Also what separator do you use?
Tip is you must make the model wet (😁) ..at least 10 minutes in water .
After you apply separator , take the air gun and gently air it for a few seconds to dry separator and blow off spot where separator is stuck in a larger quantity ...
Seal the model very well before pouring .. i apply wax very nicely , to prevent water entering and pushing acrylics while in pressure pot
These i use and i'm happy with them .. would love to see others fav. Brands

Attachments

• 20190910_074817.jpg
    20190910_074817.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 29
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Air from inside the model is lifting the separator off the model. Separator is not fully adhering to model

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I agree with car 54 now.... Yesterday I thought it very inconsiderate having the group troubleshoot the obvious (to me). Very sorry and if a mod would like to remove my awful post I would appreciate it.
It's really difficult to learn how to speak online. Things often come out harsher than we meant.
I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, just dial back the bluntness some. You'll get there.
FWIW, a lot of members are in places other than US or CANADA. Lot of English as second language.
Just try not to be mean unless you have to.

And don't be an ass. That's my turf....

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
For what it's worth I love DVA's APS.

I will admit a good friend tried it in his lab and the techs there disagreed with my rating of super awesome stuff. Funny how technician, technique, and material choice can affect outcomes so greatly.
My favorite as well, though it's not what we use here.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Tip is you must make the model wet (😁) ..at least 10 minutes in water .
After you apply separator , take the air gun and gently air it for a few seconds to dry separator and blow off spot where separator is stuck in a larger quantity ...
Seal the model very well before pouring .. i apply wax very nicely , to prevent water entering and pushing acrylics while in pressure pot
These i use and i'm happy with them .. would love to see others fav. Brands
All I saw was the kitty... but that's just me

Top Bottom