some metal design ideas for this job

G

grabo

Reaction score
hi guys as you can see the implant is placed quite buccally , and was wondering how you would design the frame work so that i can make the teeth look good without being to long (eg incorporate gigival on the bottom area)
implant job 1.JPG

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Thats a pretty straightforward case, what system is it?

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Deleted

Last edited:
G

grabo

Reaction score
its a nobel biocare active ! just wondering design around the gingival area ,the rest is straight forward!!

ICONDENTAL

ICONDENTAL

Reaction score
two things I will add, first # will request angulated abutments. last implant is not on right position as rule should be at least 1mm subgingibal .

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
customize abutments

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You can also use the Nobel multi abutments. Get a pre-angled for #5 and make a screw retained restoration.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
A screw retained restoration would have required a different kind of healing abutment. Nobel has specialized healing abutments based on what type of final restoration is desired. Utilizing healing abutments for a future cementable restoration and then switching to a screw retained restoration is a bad idea for Nobel Active. Utilizing healing abutments for a screw retained restoration and switching to cement able is ok. The pictures look like the healing abutments used are for a cementable restoration.

Mount the models and post pictures of the mounted models

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Bob,
Do you mean a screw retained angulated preped abutment for#5 (then a crown or bridge) or a screw retained final restoration?.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
No, I'm referring to the Nobel Multi abutment. This is a stock abutment. Come in straight, 17 & 30 degrees of angle. Also come in multiple heights. Using this abutment you can change the angle of the screw access hole. oTis will result in a final screw retained bridge. You can do this with zirconia or porcelain to gold. FinalB6_tcm261-63959.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
If patient sneezes then the bridge flys right out? LOL

Not very retentive IMO.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
This IS VERY retentive as the restoration is screw retained to the abutment.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, but the shape does not look like it has much surface area, and the tapered walls do not look very retentive to me.
Something gets cemented to the Multi, so it is not screw retained in a traditional sense of the term. It (final restoration) is still cemented to the Multi-interface. You can call it screw-retained if it makes you happy, but it is really not.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Scott,
Your correct. The abutment shape does not have a lot of retention form. The abutment was designed to be short and tapered as it make the component far more versatile.
What your not getting, the final restoration does get screwed to the multi abutment. So retention form is not an important factor due to the retention of the case coming from screwing it into the multi abutment. There is no cement between the restoration and the multi abutment.

Last edited:
A

aqdental

Reaction score
Sorry, but the shape does not look like it has much surface area, and the tapered walls do not look very retentive to me.
Something gets cemented to the Multi, so it is not screw retained in a traditional sense of the term. It (final restoration) is still cemented to the Multi-interface. You can call it screw-retained if it makes you happy, but it is really not.
Final restoration is screw retained, not cemented.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Bob, do you scan the abutment or is there a scan body for this?

I'm not sure what to do after I order the multi abutment.

DSC_0937_zps5c588c3f.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The biggest negative with short span bridges on MUA's is the fact that the occ screw is only torqued to 15ncm. The product is very versatile but truthfully were designed for larger full arch cases where the load could be distributed better along the prosthetic.

Still a slick option on bastardized surgeon faceplam cases.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
From now on John , I will refer to these cases as BSFC's.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
No, I'm referring to the Nobel Multi abutment. This is a stock abutment. Come in straight, 17 & 30 degrees of angle. Also come in multiple heights. Using this abutment you can change the angle of the screw access hole. oTis will result in a final screw retained bridge. You can do this with zirconia or porcelain to gold. View attachment 14498

Thanks, i see your point. I was thinking of something like this!!.