Soft Reline Material

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Since Dentsply is discontinuing Luci-Sof and PermaSoft, what long lasting soft reline material is everyone using?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Since Dentsply is discontinuing Luci-Sof and PermaSoft, what long lasting soft reline material is everyone using?
Wondering the same. WIthout going to Molloplast B level.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Wondering the same. WIthout going to Molloplast B level.
I don't like Molloplast, a lab that I worked at used it and it would turn black over time.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have been using silicone based soft material for over 15 years. Nothing sticks to it.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
They're discontinuing Permasoft too?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anyone use GCs Super soft?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
They're discontinuing Permasoft too?
They're discontinuing just about everything for removables. Check out this thread, especially post # 26 by @model guy, it posts a letter from Dentsply.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone use GCs Super soft?
That's the one I'm looking at. Like you I hope someone here uses it and can give some info on it, good or bad.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's the one I'm looking at. Like you I hope someone here uses it and can give some info on it, good or bad.
I use it...the only quirk i've found is that it really needs to be invested and then press packed. Never had any success using just a reline jig and doing it that way...gets very porous. Also, it holds up and bonds very well to the acrylic, just rough up the acrylic appropriately. Also, it's much easier to finish if you put it in the freezer for about 15 mins. You can adjust the softness with how much liquid/powder you use as well and I have used it as CuSil type of dentures as well and seems to hold up fine.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I use it...the only quirk i've found is that it really needs to be invested and then press packed. Never had any success using just a reline jig and doing it that way...gets very porous. Also, it holds up and bonds very well to the acrylic, just rough up the acrylic appropriately. Also, it's much easier to finish if you put it in the freezer for about 15 mins. You can adjust the softness with how much liquid/powder you use as well and I have used it as CuSil type of dentures as well and seems to hold up fine.
Erf. That's a big no from me then. On most of this stuff I'm doing it's same day turnaround for repairing a gasket or something. I stink at flasking.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive had a nightmare of a time trying to get molloplast to stick even with the primer.. which is supposed to be left on for over an hour. It just peels off in one piece. The chairside softliner sticks better than that..

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Slice of baloney for the win.
You just HAD to remind me of the piece of GREEN baloney I found underneath reline impression material, didn't you?!?!? I can still remember that smell. Puke Puke PukePukePuke
Oh, and I just finished lunch thankyouverymuch!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You just HAD to remind me of the piece of GREEN baloney I found underneath reline impression material, didn't you?!?!? I can still remember that smell. Puke Puke PukePukePuke
Oh, and I just finished lunch thankyouverymuch!
I rarely eat during the workday for that very reason.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Ive had a nightmare of a time trying to get molloplast to stick even with the primer.. which is supposed to be left on for over an hour. It just peels off in one piece. The chairside softliner sticks better than that..

Using fresh acrylic underneath? If that doesn't work use use this , lol :) 1600216546472.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Fresh acrylic on a reline, now thats wishful thinking!