So Im testing out a new printer...

S

Skywalker

Reaction score
Have you tried printing a model with a removable die? Post a video of the fit immediately post processing please. Last question what is the platform size?

K

kpanga

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone knows if Harz labs resines ar any good?

K

kpanga

Reaction score
They are just ok...IMO
Do you know if i can use one of their resins for provisionary crowns and bridges?.ç
The thing is that i am from Argentina, and i am making a purchase through amazon, so my options for "dental" resins are quite limited and the only ones that i can import are the Harz labs ones. Then there are other "traditional" resins but i don't know if they can be used for dental work. I am also purchasing a Anycubic Photon S printer.
I am getting a Carestream intraoral scanner cs 3600, so i am planning on using the printer mainly for models, but i only found out that one could do provisionary C&B`s after reading through this wonderful thread.

I am new on this, so any advice is appreciated.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I haven't used their provisional resin, only the dental model one, so I cannot comment. Dimensionally it's quite stable, but is hard do clean and gels in no time from ambient light. There're quite a few resellers out there who'd ship worldwide , not just amazon. When I used Harz, I purchased direct from their webstore.

K

kpanga

Reaction score
I haven't used their provisional resin, only the dental model one, so I cannot comment. Dimensionally it's quite stable, but is hard do clean and gels in no time from ambient light. There're quite a few resellers out there who'd ship worldwide , not just amazon. When I used Harz, I purchased direct from their webstore.
I
I am buying through a site that imports products by basically buying them and shipping them to a warehouse of them, and when all products of the order arrive they ship it to Argentina. The nice thing of this site is that they take care of all the customs paperwork. So if a buy directly from a Particular site I would have to deal with customs, and with the current lockdown it would be imposible.
Also, as I am already buying the printer through this site it is convenient to buy the resins also there, but they only offer those things that can be bought on amazon, eBay or Walmart. It’s called Tiendamia.com.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
I have a question, How accurate this printer is? We have one at our lab, and the print quality is good, but we don't get accurate prints to try the crowns and bridges, it is bigger than the real stl file. Maybe i am doing something wrong.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have a question, How accurate this printer is? We have one at our lab, and the print quality is good, but we don't get accurate prints to try the crowns and bridges, it is bigger than the real stl file. Maybe i am doing something wrong.
the type of printer with a screen the resin vat sits on will be like needing a tile and only having 6inch ones to use, You either use the entire tile or no tile. The screens pixels decide the size of the tile in l/r and closer/farther, the z axis is the height. The object made by a pixel and the build height is called a 'voxel'. THe voxel will either be there or not.

you may need to compensate something. But without knowing more, there's no way to tell.

In the resources section of this website is a test object you can print and then measure. It is a known size. Measure it and you'll know how far off your printer is from what is given it.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
the type of printer with a screen the resin vat sits on will be like needing a tile and only having 6inch ones to use, You either use the entire tile or no tile. The screens pixels decide the size of the tile in l/r and closer/farther, the z axis is the height. The object made by a pixel and the build height is called a 'voxel'. THe voxel will either be there or not.

you may need to compensate something. But without knowing more, there's no way to tell.

In the resources section of this website is a test object you can print and then measure. It is a known size. Measure it and you'll know how far off your printer is from what is given it.
Thank you @JMN i will try it

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
But without knowing more, there's no way to tell.
What other information you may need from us that may help you to figure it out what is happening?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What other information you may need from us that may help you to figure it out what is happening?
Model,Brand,Version,Age of machine.
Material you print with and find problems. check it's intended for that purpose and that it's in date. It does expire.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@ELO @kirby85

Noticed y'all discussing this in chat and assumed you may not have seen this thread.

E

ELO

Reaction score
@ELO @kirby85

Noticed y'all discussing this in chat and assumed you may not have seen this thread.

Thanks JMN but it doesn't give me the information I need. If I am not wrong, here you write about model resins, not applicable for intraoral use. I am looking for a biocompatible resin usable in the AnyCubic Photon 3D printer. I have seen Formlabs' ones that looks quite safe but they are designed for SLA printers, not LCD, so UV power could be not enough to cure this resin. Other option I saw is the Uniz zSG amber resin which is also biocompatible and is designed for LCD printers, but I have not any idea about protocol to use it with the AnyCubic and also no data are available in the Uniz web about biocompatibility tests performed with this resin.
Nevertheless, thanks for the advice about this thread.

E

ELO

Reaction score
Sure ask a question if I can answer I ll try to help
I have both Phrozen shuffle and shuffle XL and 3 anycubic photon since I`m lazy to switch resins.\All of them are open source so can use most the resins avalable on the market if you have a profile,nexdent,dentca,detax,dreve,kara resins(those are dentca resins basically).
If speed is not a issue these printers work juat good not at the level of Asiga or nextdent 5100 which are fast.

PHROZEN SHUFFLE: $799

Technical Specification

• Printer Size: 28 * 28 * 42 cm
  • Printer Weight: 16 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 12 * 6.8 * 20 cm
  • XY Resolution: 47 µm
  • Z Resolution: 10 µm
  • Printing Speed: 30 mm per hour
  • Recommended Layer Height: 10 - 100 µm
https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...MImt6FhryT4QIVCi5pCh0O6A0cEAQYASABEgKecfD_BwE

PHROZEN SHUFFLE XL:
  • $1,299
Technical Specification
  • Printer Size: 39 * 29 * 47 cm
  • Printer Weight: 21.5 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 19 * 12 * 20 cm => Large Area Print
  • XY Resolution: 75 µm

https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...l-lcd-resin-3d-printer?variant=13612026953833

ANYCUBIC PHOTON LCD $429
you can get this one for $350-370 from anycubic ebay store since the new model is out

Printing:
  • Technology: DLP
  • Technique: LCD Shadow Masking
  • Light-source : UV integrated light(wavelength 405nm)
  • XY DPI : 47um (2560*1440)
  • Y axis resolution : 1.25um
  • Layer resolution : 25 ~ 100um
  • Printing speed : 20mm/h
  • Rated Power : 40W

https://3dprinteruniverse.com/colle...-lcd-sla-uv-resin-3d-printer-with-touchscreen

Photos S was just released in the US

https://www.3dprintersbay.com/anycu...MInaC8sr6T4QIVyrXACh0zogMxEAQYASABEgLPt_D_BwE
Sure ask a question if I can answer I ll try to help
I have both Phrozen shuffle and shuffle XL and 3 anycubic photon since I`m lazy to switch resins.\All of them are open source so can use most the resins avalable on the market if you have a profile,nexdent,dentca,detax,dreve,kara resins(those are dentca resins basically).
If speed is not a issue these printers work juat good not at the level of Asiga or nextdent 5100 which are fast.

PHROZEN SHUFFLE: $799

Technical Specification

• Printer Size: 28 * 28 * 42 cm
  • Printer Weight: 16 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 12 * 6.8 * 20 cm
  • XY Resolution: 47 µm
https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...MImt6FhryT4QIVCi5pCh0O6A0cEAQYASABEgKecfD_BwE

PHROZEN SHUFFLE XL:
  • $1,299
Technical Specification
  • Printer Size: 39 * 29 * 47 cm
  • Printer Weight: 21.5 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 19 * 12 * 20 cm => Large Area Print
  • XY Resolution: 75 µm

https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...l-lcd-resin-3d-printer?variant=13612026953833

ANYCUBIC PHOTON LCD $429
you can get this one for $350-370 from anycubic ebay store since the new model is out

Printing:
  • Technology: DLP
  • Technique: LCD Shadow Masking
  • Light-source : UV integrated light(wavelength 405nm)
  • XY DPI : 47um (2560*1440)
  • Y axis resolution : 1.25um
  • Layer resolution : 25 ~ 100um
  • Printing speed : 20mm/h
  • Rated Power : 40W

https://3dprinteruniverse.com/colle...-lcd-sla-uv-resin-3d-printer-with-touchscreen

Photos S was just released in the US

https://www.3dprintersbay.com/anycu...MInaC8sr6T4QIVyrXACh0zogMxEAQYASABEgLPt_D_BwE

Hi Basler,
I am looking for a biocompatible resin usable with an Anycubic Photon, I have seen NextDent C&B N1 can be used with this printer (below) but I have no idea about parameters to define the cure time during printing. Have you tried it? Do you have a protocol for this resin in the Photon? I would appreciated any other suggestion.
Thanks for your comments, very informative.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I haven't tried NextDent or any intraoral resins, but if you find one you like there are a myriad of short exposure tests you can run to find the range of the resin in question. You also try writing the company for more information.

E

ELO

Reaction score
I haven't tried NextDent or any intraoral resins, but if you find one you like there are a myriad of short exposure tests you can run to find the range of the resin in question. You also try writing the company for more information.
Thanks for your suggestions, I tried contacting Anycubic support, but they are not such efficient as I need. I will keep trying and I will check the option to test by miself.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions, I tried contacting Anycubic support, but they are not such efficient as I need. I will keep trying and I will check the option to test by miself.
Just remeber the Anycubic is an entry level hobbyist printer. Its a way for you to learn the technology without investing $1,000s up front. However if you think 3d printing will work for you, you'll need a little more robust machine with a supply line of consumables.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
IS there an issue (with regard to patient safety) from a workflow standpoint? Curious to know how you will determine if the material has been cured to the proper level so that biocompatibility is not compromised- this is what concerns me about the future of 3D printing in medical applications, people disregarding testing/analysis to ensure their process meets/exceeds acceptability standards to save some $$.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
IS there an issue (with regard to patient safety) from a workflow standpoint? Curious to know how you will determine if the material has been cured to the proper level so that biocompatibility is not compromised- this is what concerns me about the future of 3D printing in medical applications, people disregarding testing/analysis to ensure their process meets/exceeds acceptability standards to save some $$.

At Formlabs we do validation and regulatory submission quite a lot with 3rd party and internally manufactured biocompatible resins. If there is not complete workflow validation with the printer manufacturer in coordination with the resin manufacturer it is no longer a biocompatible validated part or appliance.

If someone wanted to do their own validation it costs tens of thousands of dollars for the testing and the documentation is crazy AND with all that you need to submit it to the regulatory body (FDA or EU Cert). It is not easy.

It really only makes sense to use a 3D printer that has biocomp validation and workflow for the resin you want to use or know that anything outside of the validated hardware or workflow is off label (non-biocomp) and you should be ready for that potential risk.

Some people are not worried about the risk but, last point here, photopolymers that are not made correctly can be very toxic...

I hope this is helpful!