So Im testing out a new printer...

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Did the LCD test on the Shuffle today … I think it may not be working correctly? Pressed the center all white square and the lights lit up but don't seem very bright. Then tried the grid pattern and it just lit up like the all white, I didn't get a grid pattern at all like I've seen in some videos.

Attachments

• 20200113_094756_zpsrpca9zfv.JPG
    20200113_094756_zpsrpca9zfv.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20200113_094813_zpsczyxjkta.JPG
    20200113_094813_zpsczyxjkta.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 102
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It suppose to look like this
20200113_124718.jpg

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
And we have a new one on the way, will be here Wednesday👍

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Well, easiest method is to make known geometry. Print a cube or a pyramid. Measure with precision instrument. If the cube is smaller than it should be according to the stl file, blow up the stl file accorsing to the ratio of the size difference; if your cube should be 10mm wide but is actuallly 9.2 then the amount it shrank was 0.8mm expressed as a % of the total dimension, that is 8%. So your shrinkage is 8%, meaning you should blow up your parts by 108% to get a part that is closer to complete accuracy.

In almost all 3d print and cnc software there is shrinkage accounting baked in to the material setting. Eg in the 3dsprint software each material has build shrinkage accounting. As it will be with virtually all 3d printers.

The issue is that with many laser or light printers, the accuracy of the head begins at the center of the build plate and gets worse the further from the center you go. A die or crown printed near the center will have different fit and finish than identixal objects printed near the edge. This is common in all resin printers even dlp.

Asiga hides this by creating a proprietary calibration object that is as big as the whole plate.
coolhand what happened with you and Asiga you seem pretty dirty on them ,with Asiga you dont loose accuracy at the edge of the build plate which is why i use it and paid for it with my own cash. have you used one did it not work whats going on ,every one i know is really happy with their Asiga printer.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
coolhand what happened with you and Asiga you seem pretty dirty on them ,with Asiga you dont loose accuracy at the edge of the build plate which is why i use it and paid for it with my own cash. have you used one did it not work whats going on ,every one i know is really happy with their Asiga printer.
Nah, i used a few small red ones. Withthe rfid trays, and the messy resin that had issues curing, and the very messy UI on their pc software, its just not up to par with 3dsystems, which is a low bar in the first place. 3dsystems is reallybad.

The bigger oragne printers may be better, i'll wager the company pulled its socks up after the red one. But i havemt used it to know first hand. If you say it works well and the rfid tray thing is a thing of the past, then great. I'd still love to try it myself though.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
thats good the small red one is the pico correct if so its an old printer and would agree its not really what you need for models etc.if you do get to try one of the new ones and you need any help just message me ok. how is everything else going are you back in the states yet?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Back in canada, tryna get my own milling center off the ground.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
good luck to you show us pickies when you do

C

crapshoot

Reaction score
Anybody tried KeySplint Soft in any of these LCD printers?

C

CraigDT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Photon S over the next few days, my labs likely to be shut for around 2months at best with everything going on at the minute so I'm looking for a little project at home to keep me busy and keep me sane!

I got a 3shape scanner in last month after 20+ years of old school, so digital is still a learning curve for me! I'm currently outsourcing to a lab where my son works they have an Asiga max and I've been really happy with what I've been getting back. I only have a few clients with IOS scanners at the minute so I'm not too worried about printing models.

I'm looking to print patterns for casting & pressing. What resins are people using on the Photon S? I'm currently pressing with Dentamodel with very few problems.

Also I'm looking at cheaper post washing and curing options at the minute, I'd like to get the Formlabs system in eventually but for now I've been looking at the following

I have 0 experience post processing so would these be suitable? I will only be printing copings & crowns for the foreseeable. If not could you please recommend alternatives, I'm UK based so that may change my available options.

Thanks & Stay safe!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
pushed or jumped depends on who you asked.
it was a mutual push. i was supposed to last another month but i screwed up. it was best i didn't stay longer.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
coolhand i was joking im sorry i didnt work out we all learn from our f ups my whole life has been f ups.sorry i mean a learning experiences.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its fine, i'm not sore about it. i enjoyed Australia. I got to see the ocean. that's big for a city guy like me. the experience was low key, but it was fun.

O

OmarMousafa

Reaction score
Latest update. Anycubic has 2 "Model" materials. There is the dental, non-castable Skin, and the Basic Skin. From what I can see, the big difference is the shrinkage of the material. The dental cost is $120/L, the non-dental is $59/L. Figures... I have both and am running some side by side prints to see if there is a difference in fits... Will update when I know more.
any updates ??

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
What are you tying to do with a model resin printed peace ?? go to Photocentric user on FB a look if you find happy people hahaha . If you find more than 5 let me know.