Snowrock Rockwax

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this product before? http://www.snowrockusa.com/rockwax/

We saw this product or something similar during the LMT convention and were wondering if anyone has any experience with this specific one or a similar one?

We are currently using Megatray Light Cure Material but we were wondering what other people were using for baseplates

Thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We are currently using Megatray Light Cure Material but we were wondering what other people were using for baseplates

Thanks!
Megatray 1.4mm for baseplates, 2mm for trays.
They've broken the 1.4 mm when I used it for trays.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Why is the Megatray not good enough for baseplates? Very curious as to why you are looking for a better product?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this product before? http://www.snowrockusa.com/rockwax/

We saw this product or something similar during the LMT convention and were wondering if anyone has any experience with this specific one or a similar one?

Thanks!
No matter what they have done to make it more rigid, it will still change when heated. A long car ride in summer or a trip in a UPS/FedEx box will give it many chances to deform. It would have been a great step forward, years ago before light curing chemistry became so cheap that we can have a near perfect plasticine state changed to rigidity in less than 10 minutes.

Seems like a great thing if you are just building a denture to invest from start to finish with no try in steps, but to send out for a wax try-in or even a wax rim? I'll pass.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it not distorting in a 98* mouth. Light cure baseplates don't distort in the mouth.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it not distorting in a 98* mouth. Light cure baseplates don't distort in the mouth.
Perhaps it's a bit of both. Primotec for example, has Metawax, which is like a conventional C&B wax that you apply as in any standard wax. You can then light cure it and it's resin that can be trimmed as resin. Remarkable!!! And that's been available for a while. Perhaps a similar product here...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a bit of both. Primotec for example, has Metawax, which is like a conventional C&B wax that you apply as in any standard wax. You can then light cure it and it's resin that can be trimmed as resin. Remarkable!!! And that's been available for a while. Perhaps a similar product here...

The website says to put it in hot water for 10 seconds, no light cure machine needed. If hot water will soften it I would think a patients mouth would too.
But, as I said before, I haven't used it so I don't know.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
The website says to put it in hot water for 10 seconds, no light cure machine needed. If hot water will soften it I would think a patients mouth would too.
But, as I said before, I haven't used it so I don't know.
I must have been mixed up, thought it was light cured also which would have negated the thermo plastic ability. Will have to check it out in Chicago...

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I must have been mixed up, thought it was light cured also which would have negated the thermo plastic ability. Will have to check it out in Chicago...

Let us know what you find out. I wish we were going to Chicago :(

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
We don't have any problems with MegaTray currently.

We were just curious to see if anyone had tried it and there were any comments on it ;)

I received some more information directly from the manufacturer

According to them it will not distort in mouth temperatures.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
I can't behave today. So ...

They said they've never heard of that?

I'm not sure I follow :oops:

The material probably softens at higher temperatures?

Kind of like M&M's. Melt in your mouth, not in your hand :p

We are getting a box to see how it works

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow :oops:

The material probably softens at higher temperatures?

Kind of like M&M's. Melt in your mouth, not in your hand :p

We are getting a box to see how it works
Just being a smart alek. "They've never heard of that" being what we are always told by a manufacturer when something goes sideways with their product. With them saying to you it will not distort at 'in mouth temperatures'.

I truly do hope it works out well for you. I'm just misbehaving today.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We don't have any problems with MegaTray currently.

We were just curious to see if anyone had tried it and there were any comments on it ;)

I received some more information directly from the manufacturer

According to them it will not distort in mouth temperatures.
Please keep us posted on how it works.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
No matter what they have done to make it more rigid, it will still change when heated. A long car ride in summer or a trip in a UPS/FedEx box will give it many chances to deform. It would have been a great step forward, years ago before light curing chemistry became so cheap that we can have a near perfect plasticine state changed to rigidity in less than 10 minutes.

Seems like a great thing if you are just building a denture to invest from start to finish with no try in steps, but to send out for a wax try-in or even a wax rim? I'll pass.
done plenty of was baseplates for tryin or bite rims. never had an issue.....albeit, dont leave them n 90+ degree car during the summer and never shipped them with a courier. local delivery only.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
personally, i am loving snow rock materials. will prob get some of this wax to try out as well! (ps i dont get paid to say that either.....though i would consider it for the right number hahaha)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If anyone hasnt yet tried the Taub thermoplastic tray material, its awesome! and fun to play with.. It takes a few to get good at them, but so much easier than anything ive tried.