"Snap on Smile"

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
For a "snap on smile" I would recommend acetal resin form cdm dental. Just dupe the prepped model but make sure to use their very high expanding stone , wax up case invest , shoot acetal , divest and polish . Acetal will not break , and actually some labs are offering snap on veneers and nesbits.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Tell Chris Schemerhorn to get on here! I'll go find him....

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Try Radica, Has nice incisal and is hell strong. Good for this type of dental restorative "quackery" such as snap on smiles.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Reread the first post.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Acetal for snap on smile

Is anyone using acetal to take the place of "snap on smile" ? Big T

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I know of a dude that is designing on CAD and rapid-prototyping....burning out pattern invested in Phosphate high-heat...then injecting w/?? thermoplastic.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Tell Chris Schemerhorn to get on here! I'll go find him....
Chris calls these cosmetic orthotic appliances, at his N.Virginia DL. As the snapon he developed got patented ed (Den-Mat) and "Snap-On" does break but not often & it is over non prepped teeth so it must be bulky. The original post was for an inexpensive diagnostic tool, "Snap-On" is not cheap (often looks that way). rkm rdt's technique is quicker and cheaper (I would use EMMA monomier from Protech - Cold Cure & superbond to make the tooth colored acrylic flexible, same cost no chipping when super thin.)

Is anyone using acetal to take the place of "snap on smile" ? Big T
I do the cosmetic orthotic using both CDM(Myerson) & Fexite acetal, & I use an expansion stone. I have found it makes a kick @ss diagnostic biteopener. & can improve a patient's self worth (have we not seen the stomach acid results from Bulimia). during evaluation & planning stage& early treatment.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
currently i'm hammering out a method to repeatably make PMMA oral devices such as orthotics and surgical stents, but i think such a thing could be used to make a smile given this PMMA structure is sold as NOT going to last long.

but this thing could be used to vacuform for no-prep veneers in emax or empress.

but what about using this same tool (which i am still working on) to fabricate Zirconia full anatomical veneers... imagine it now... toiletbowl white chicklet smiles everywhere

*shudder*