Smooth screw-retained crown/abutment margin

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Anyone know how to smooth down the margin after merge between the abutment emergence profile and the crown on a one piece implant restoration? It is protected from smoothing after merge.

I know I could export/reimport the restoration and edit or do it after production but I thought I had seen this possible before. Just can’t remember where I found it.

Attachments

• 776DBB7D-B460-45F3-B9A5-DFBB3AE4A08C.jpeg
    776DBB7D-B460-45F3-B9A5-DFBB3AE4A08C.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 29
D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Anyone know how to smooth down the margin after merge between the abutment emergence profile and the crown on a one piece implant restoration? It is protected from smoothing after merge.

I know I could export/reimport the restoration and edit or do it after production but I thought I had seen this possible before. Just can’t remember where I found it.

Guessing. In exo “ freeform merged”

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score

If you can work with it as an exported .stl file, you could bring it into meshmixer and fix it easy. Either robust-smooth sculpting tool or just select the area and use the Edit tool called "Erase and Fill", it just kinda averages it all out into something smooth. But that's an extra step/program which I know is annoying even if it is very easy and fast.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Was working on a diagnostic waxup, here's some pics of a similar little ridge and the before/after of using the tools as described above.

Before:
before.png

After waving Robust Smooth tool over it for a few seconds:
after robust smooth .png

Other Method, first selecting area:
after select.png

Erase and Fill:
after erase and fill.png

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
I think there is a way to unprotect that area to allow for smoothing in freeform

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
If you are using Exocad and you're comfortable edting xml's , this should get you what you're looking for. Make a renamed copy of the original to replace it if you mess up.Change the xml at your own risk. Emergence profile height.jpg Emergence profile margin.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom