Smart moves

U

USGooner

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of smart moves from great lakes orthodontics? I think its like a more cost effective version of invisiline. My wife has some anterior spacing and I'd like to try some ortho and then a couple of porcelain veneers on her centrals. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

R

rosarioortholab

Reaction score
Smart moves uses eyeballing to reset teeth Invisalign is totally digital. If you wanna close spaces you have to have enough lingual clearance. Smart moves is simple and cheap if you do it yourself you won't lose much.
We do a version of that and we get mixed results. Rotations are usually more predictable than space closure.

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
The Anterior Teeth Move Pretty Easy...Posteriors R Harder....

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
No, but my doctors send thier removable work to Great Lakes... And thier good doctors...

U

USGooner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I was told by them that I could send my models in for free evaluation and estimate. And if I was comfortable with it it sounded like I didn't have to go through a doctor! Although if it works I'll need to get a lingual wire bonded on ( I'm assuming as my wife has a tongue thust issue,mwhich is the reason for the spacing in the first place!).

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
Invisalign Advertises The Moon And Stars...But Reality Is Unless U Want Half Ur Tooth Shaved Off Its Only Good For Simple Cases. Same With Any Aligner Weather Its Moved By Computer Or By Hand. As Long As Shes A Canditate Smart Moves Is The Same As Invisalign. Difference Invisalign Uses 3D Modeling To Move Teeth And Smart Moves A Tech Cuts And Moves The Teeth By Hand. Same Result.

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
I can guarantee that Great Lakes will not let you do this without going through your DR. There is a reason that the lab gets something called a prescription lab slip from the Dr.