Small 4 unit but heavy bridge cracking

M

MGee

Reaction score
Is there a better program for heavier bridges in the sintering oven? I use Sagemax NexZr plus and T. It looks good after sintering but as soon as I fire it in my ceramic oven it cracks.
I would post a pic but I can’t figure out how. Lol

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can't post pictures until after around 5 posts. So, no, at least that's not you, lol :)

Have you ever tried Noritake Crack finder after you sintered, and before you put it in the porc. furnace?

What are both your sinter and porc. oven firing cycles? Slow temp rise and slow cool?

Last edited:
M

MGee

Reaction score
You can't post pictures until after around 5 posts. So, no, at least that's not you, lol :)

Have you ever tried Noritake Crack finder after you sintered, and before you put it in the porc. furnace?

What are both your sinter and porc. oven firing cycles? Slow temp rise and slow cool?
I use the EMax firing programs. The Zirliner is 930. I’m trying to make the bridge one more time on the long bridge sintering program.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What is your porcelain oven program? You are probably cooling/ heating too fast.
Mine is like 400 rest 25-30*/min rise, 750 high temp, 1-5 min (depending on size) hold, 25-30*/min down to 400. I use a P310. It takes like 45 min to fire my bridges.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Is there a better program for heavier bridges in the sintering oven? I use Sagemax NexZr plus and T. It looks good after sintering but as soon as I fire it in my ceramic oven it cracks.
I would post a pic but I can’t figure out how. Lol
In the ceramic furnace use 35 degrees Celsius per minute heat raise rate and 10minute cooling time.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I had the same issue with a nexxzr+ lower implant bridge, cracked 2x interproximally after glaze.. very frustrating. There is a post sinter stabilization firing you can do also, I would ask sagemax.. I have some temps, but its not something I do regularly.

Top Bottom