Sirona MC X5

J

Jack

Reaction score
If you attended college for three years to study dental technology then one year practical followed by exams, oral and written, in all 5 areas of dental technology. Then another 3 years of work experience before you were allowed to own your own lab then you can call yourself entitled. You are as much entitled to do lab work as I am doing dentistry. Something I do a lot of because the trained dentists don't know what they are doing.
After sending work to one person for 29 years then trying 2 other labs who are not "consistent" enough I am fully convinced you are less consistent than them but then again who is there to judge you? Only you. Maybe you should send some of your work to the labs and let us judge it as we judge our employees's work. Will you pass the consistency test then, I highly doubt it. Dentists rarely pass the consistency test doing their own work. Remakes from between 2% to 65% where did your number fall?
Would you mind giving us the "inconsistent" labs names so we can ask them what they thought of your work. That is fair don't you think, can't hobon your word alone also because right now your success rate is much higher because you're the judge and in the world of the blind one eye is king. You see only one set of eyes are judging your work. Get us involved let us judge your work the way our work gets judged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Ron Jeremy as my dentist either.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Hey Sevan,

Wasn't aware of the Vhf models! Thanks for the input.

I've had two of the Sirona millers (old compact and presently MC X). I've only wet milled eMax, glass ceramics, and the hybrids. I do a ton of eMax, but zirconia is coming of age. I'm interested in buying a miller that's capable of doing everything but metal. Looking closely at the Versamill 5XS and Ceramill Motion 2.

Once again, I appreciate your time and input!

Take care! Jake
Have they been touting the mcxl dry milling option and fast sinter oven to you yet?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I was away on holidays over xmas and i missed the start so i went back and read the whole lot. 1st i support JW all the way, he and i have had some really good ding dong discussions and regularly dont see eye to eye but man thats his right. 2nd Jake your the one who needs a beer and a lye down there is nothing wrong with what JW said or how he said it. As for the you will not sponsor rubbish why would you sponsor a technicians site anyway.This is one of the few places techs can talk freely and i think more dentist should read our threads so they can understand that many of the problems that this profession have, are universal and not just the fault of the lab down the road.We all know that none of us are perfect but man lets see if we can get close to a 50-50 balance on that one. I nearly want to come back early next so i dont miss another thread like this one.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Yeap.....I agree with you Grantoz.....I always need a beer!

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Cheers! It just AIN'T worth arguing over.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh yeah! What's your thoughts?
dont.

zirconia never looks good speed sintered. while it is possible to do, it does not result in nice units and half the time your unit will just thermal shock and break or warp anyway.

i maintain that anything made by sirona is meant for a doctor that doesnt care enough to do it right because just anything will do. gaps in the margin can be filled with cement. contours can be ground. shade is close enough.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Are you just looking to mill wet emax blue blocks? Vhf n4 is a small compact wet mill open for stl and comes with a very good basic cam. Also Roland has a small wet mill as well. If looking for wet/dry 5axis vhf s1 or wieland select hybrid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Talked to Glidewell and CAP today. Both have quit selling vhf due to reliability problems. Just reporting.......

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that and henry bought cap and immediately ruined it.