rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? Dontknow Laugh

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
But I guess, maybe for a Sponsor, who wants the forum to be as non confrontational as could be hoped for in the sense of keeping this forum active and attractive, and to not have members, sponsors or lurkers shy away from here, could be a fine line?

edit: or am I maybe over thinking it? Lol..I know, me actually, "thinking" :D

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
But I guess, maybe for a Sponsor, who wants the forum to be as non confrontational as could be hoped for in the sense of keeping this forum active and attractive, and to not have members, sponsors or lurkers shy away from here, could be the fine line?
This started as a technical site not a sponsored advertiser propaganda site. If we all get along and sing kumbaya I'll be sloughing off soon.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I just remember seeing a thread Travis stared a month or two back about sponsors not re-singing up, or losing sponsors? I just didn't know how much of his revenue is being supplied by sponsors, or is the loins share being funded by donators? That they maybe saw us having "to much fun" and were backing out?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
But I guess, maybe for a Sponsor, who wants the forum to be as non confrontational as could be hoped for in the sense of keeping this forum active and attractive, and to not have members, sponsors or lurkers shy away from here, could be a fine line?

edit: or am I maybe over thinking it? Lol..I know, me actually, "thinking" :D
You're overthinking it....
Non-controversial equals boring. It all works just fine most of the time.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I just remember seeing a thread Travis stared a month or two back about sponsors not re-singing up, or losing sponsors? I just didn't know how much of his revenue is being supplied by sponsors, or is the loins share being funded by donators? That they maybe saw us having "to much fun" and were backing out?
Loins share? Is that how he gets paid?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're overthinking it....
Non-controversial equals boring. It all works just fine most of the time.

Thanks, Rob. I saw Ron's post, and maybe read to much into it...before Ron started joking around with it. TD Dental has done very well here, maybe other sponsors should see the potential here, and realize this is a "real" give and take (at times dish it out :) ) forum, and not a kumbaya forum, as 2th said.

Thanks for helping me come to my senses.......that was close :D

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thanks, Rob. I saw Ron's post, and maybe read to much into it...before Ron started joking around with it. TD Dental has done very well here, maybe other sponsors should see the potential here, and realize this is a "real" give and take (at times dish it out :) ) forum, and not a kumbaya forum, as 2th said.

Thanks for helping me come to my senses.......that was close :D
TD does well here because Ron get's it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I love how threads just go right off the rails :)

The target demographic here is so perfect for vendors that UNDERSTAND marketing. The unique hits this site gets from a very specific audience makes getting your point across easy and profitable.

No controversy means less traffic, less traffic means.... well you get the picture

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

The target demographic here is so perfect for vendors that UNDERSTAND marketing. The unique hits this site gets from a very specific audience makes getting your point across easy and profitable.

No controversy means less traffic, less traffic means.... well you get the picture
This site is chock full of the target demographic for sponsors, way cheaper than advertising in some trade mag/journal. Sheesh, some that understand marketing even try to bypass the sponsorship fees under the guise of providing education. Get off your wallets.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

So you're saying their not interested in watching hours on end of The Patty Duke Show, here...makes sense ;) :)