Sintron millable metal

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The problem with any sintered material is a mathematical one and I am told that the trouble starts whenever your design "makes the curve" as is the case with a full arch. Even though Zirconia is a material which contracts equally without regard to mass or position,..the materials we use (especially the new HT stuff) have lots of other stuff in it that will effectively "pump the pooch" when the arch is made. They "solved" this problem by adding a stabilizer bar which, if designed correctly, is supposed to complete the matrix and minimize the arch-math problem( can you say hidden stresses )
Sintron has the same math problem but is actually way more stable probably due to the fact that it is a far less rigid metal, We have actually done an 8 unit that had no rock to it at all but as for a full arch I have 2 magical words for you,...LASER WELDER

I have another MAGICAL phrase for you dude , NO NEED OF A LASER WELDER ! Oh , and in case you haven't noticed , having to laser weld the thing cost money , so add that up to your total cost .

Whatever you say , it is against Amann Girbach's instructions . The stabilizer might work , but if it did why don't they recommend it ?? If you have time and money to spend acting as R&D for Amann , be my guest .

I know that when I mill a full arch , I can bake it 8-9 times , and it will fit the same as it did before I bake it on a solid model . Can you say the same thing about a laser welded sintron full arch ? I don't think so .

Anyway , each lab has its own way of doing things , if it works for you , it is cool . But please , don't try to convince everyone that it is the perfect system . It is a solution , but no way a game changer .

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
the cost is pretty decent.

Make coping + top and do a press to PFM -

ZZ cintron, opaque and press. It is unbelievably fast and pretty cheap.

Honestly, it is a strong contender for a cheap crown that you can offer to combat some of the outsourcing.

Beat them with turn around time and reliability.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I have another MAGICAL phrase for you dude , NO NEED OF A LASER WELDER ! Oh , and in case you haven't noticed , having to laser weld the thing cost money , so add that up to your total cost .

Whatever you say , it is against Amann Girbach's instructions . The stabilizer might work , but if it did why don't they recommend it ?? If you have time and money to spend acting as R&D for Amann , be my guest .

I know that when I mill a full arch , I can bake it 8-9 times , and it will fit the same as it did before I bake it on a solid model . Can you say the same thing about a laser welded sintron full arch ? I don't think so .

Anyway , each lab has its own way of doing things , if it works for you , it is cool . But please , don't try to convince everyone that it is the perfect system . It is a solution , but no way a game changer .

Dude!!!!!!,...relax Smokin I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I couldn't give two flips how anyone else does it,..man I don't even care how I do it but it works for me,..do me a favor and curtail the harshness. Sintron is no "game changer" ,...whooop-dee-dooo,..who cares,..not me,..however you might want to check this next post......

Last edited:
LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
ceramill sintron®

Fabricate long-span Ceramill Sintron bridges

Amann Girrbach‘s development division has found a way to fabricate accurately fitting long-span Ceramill Sintron restorations. This once again puts Amann Girrbach in a pioneering role and for the first time enables CAD/CAM-based fabrication of 14-unit CrCo sinter metal bridges. An in-house developed zirconia Float Sintering Disk (FSD),support pins and Float Sintering Support (FSS) on the restoration ensure predictable sintering procedures with non-distorted, precise results. Smaller restorations can also be fabricated distortion-free and reproducibly using the Float Sintering solution. Alternatively, long-span restorations can simply be separated digitally using the Bridge Cut tool in the software and then reconnected again using laser welding.

• Fabrication of CrCo sinter metal, long-span bridges (up to max.14 units)
  • Additional, optional fabrication method using Bridge Cut tool in combination with laser welding
  • ptimum accurate fit in the fabrication of standard indications

from spring 2015

giroform®

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The Argotherm is a highly specialized oven. Hmmmmm,..let's see now,...."Out of curiosity" would it be possible to sinter ZR in the same oven?

"Out of curiosity" I have always wanted to install wheels and an engine to my favorite recliner to see if it would be possible for me to drive to work in maximum comfort,..I think I could do it!!!...............the local police however strongly disagree,...

" Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" - Barretta
So, you don't know. Thanks ;)

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
ceramill sintron®

Fabricate long-span Ceramill Sintron bridges

Amann Girrbach‘s development division has found a way to fabricate accurately fitting long-span Ceramill Sintron restorations. This once again puts Amann Girrbach in a pioneering role and for the first time enables CAD/CAM-based fabrication of 14-unit CrCo sinter metal bridges. An in-house developed zirconia Float Sintering Disk (FSD),support pins and Float Sintering Support (FSS) on the restoration ensure predictable sintering procedures with non-distorted, precise results. Smaller restorations can also be fabricated distortion-free and reproducibly using the Float Sintering solution. Alternatively, long-span restorations can simply be separated digitally using the Bridge Cut tool in the software and then reconnected again using laser welding.

• Fabrication of CrCo sinter metal, long-span bridges (up to max.14 units)
  • Additional, optional fabrication method using Bridge Cut tool in combination with laser welding
  • ptimum accurate fit in the fabrication of standard indications

from spring 2015

I'm a little confused with this...it sounds as if you don't need to worry about distortion using the FSD, but then it says you can cut the bridge with the software and laser weld. If its going to fit using the FSD, why would you want to cut it with the software and laser weld after sintering?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Bottom line...one must be prepared to cut and weld long span bridges...unless its milled :D

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
actually i've tried up to 8 units together, without having to fit much. Better than NP cast.

However, nothing close to SLM

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
actually i've tried up to 8 units together, without having to fit much. Better than NP cast.

However, nothing close to SLM

How do the SLM fits compare to the fits of the milled metal? Never liked the surface texture of the SLM stuff.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
How do the SLM fits compare to the fits of the milled metal? Never liked the surface texture of the SLM stuff.

If it's complicated, SLM does have some fit issues - but so would any other case. I think SLM fits nicer than milled metal.

The surface texture of SLM at least from Argen is so nice, it's Wettability is amazing - just my opinion though.

Maybe you're using bur or wheel that isn't really suited for it? (keep in mind this stuff rolls like gold or Titanium)

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I'm a little confused with this...it sounds as if you don't need to worry about distortion using the FSD, but then it says you can cut the bridge with the software and laser weld. If its going to fit using the FSD, why would you want to cut it with the software and laser weld after sintering?

Some labs (like us) have a laser welder and are comfortable sectioning and welding if necessary. At present it usually is necessary with a full arch. I sintered a 13 unit today with a stabilizer bar using the toss it in the beads method and it was probably close enough that I could have tickled it down but i didn't feel like screwing around with it so I cut the darn thing. I happen to like Laser Welding,. it's quick, proven and predictable. Never cared for screwing around with sintering pins but I do intend to revisit pins though when they come out with that Zi plate thingy
Most don't own a laser welder, or don't think it's a good idea to use one(whatever) so they will have to use the pins. The option was given to do either process. As far as cutting the bridge in the software goes, the benefit is twofold, First, savings in material and second eliminating the arch/math ditortion dilemma(look it up)
I get the feeling that some of you people out there think I'm some kind of moron or something,..look at my latest photo man!!!,..look at the hair,...the make up,..does that look like a moron to you?!!,...do you have any idea how long it takes to put a look like that together,..I didn't think so,..you probably think Katy Perry's a moron too!!! Oh great,..now I'm crying.......

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you need to see the versamill. will do cocr. dont have to take out more than a car loan to get one either.

Dude what kinda car are we talking..? versamill is over $110k.. Edit: I see on another thread its at 85k now.. but the list I have said 112 for the bundle.

Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
wait that's Katy Perry hair? ohh....i thought it was Zooey Deschanel

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Moe-Howard-three-stooges-23436760-444-516.jpg

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Anyone else currently using Sintron?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm also curious about this material and if its available in a 98mm puck
It is open to any dry mill. Comes in 98mm discs. You can mill it with a wax strategy. Tools last almost forever. It sure beats casting. Design, mill, and sinter.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
i tested it out, it's pretty cool. Only down side is the sintering requires argon. Very nice results, although not quite as cheap as our manual labor, but it does provide consistency.

There are a few other knockoffs, but i dont know if they are FDA approved materials.

either way, it's a great idea, and i believe they actually made a holder to be Roland compatible.
Like I said, it is available in 98mm discs. We milled in the DWX 50 and the metal shavings got into the electronics of the mill, not good. The new 52 is probably better as everything is more self-contained.