Sintra issue/problem

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
How much did you get your s1 for?

A promotion is still going on by Ivoclar, a S1 for $9995.00 which includes free shipping.

Last edited:
The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
so "MY" sintra plus saga continues as well. Im about to throw my furnace out the window! WTF?!!!!! has anyone seen this before with this furnace or any other furnace? what could be the problem? baking argen anteerior and ht+ zirconia at 1525 for 2:30. left is the anterior zirconia. this stuff is literally the most opaque ive ever seen my material. anyone know if overbaking argen zirconia can make it more opaque? I thought zirconia get more translucent the higher the temp.

Attachments

• unbaked zirconia.jpg
    unbaked zirconia.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 29
The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
also are these furnaces supposed to stay cracked open like this throught the sintering cycle? and on this one for some reason theres a lot of rust and corrosion around the opening as you can see. its a 220v, the other one is 110v and doesn't have the rust. any help would be appreciated, also I just changed out the elements of this furnace. this is the one that was giving me the opaque units i showed above. sintraplusopenthroughtoutcycle.jpg

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
also are these furnaces supposed to stay cracked open like this throught the sintering cycle? and on this one for some reason theres a lot of rust and corrosion around the opening as you can see. its a 220v, the other one is 110v and doesn't have the rust. any help would be appreciated, also I just changed out the elements of this furnace. this is the one that was giving me the opaque units i showed above. View attachment 36464
I can't imagine that opening is helping you at all, massive heat loss. Lift may be jammed or obstructed somehow. I would guess your fit would also be very loose which may confirm under firing? That opening would be at the beginning of cooling cycle if I remember correctly. Think what you would feel if your porcelain platform was open like that 🤯

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
I can't imagine that opening is helping you at all, massive heat loss. Lift may be jammed or obstructed somehow. I would guess your fit would also be very loose which may confirm under firing? That opening would be at the beginning of cooling cycle if I remember correctly. Think what you would feel if your porcelain platform was open like that 🤯
Do you have a Sintra plaus? Also, with porcelain furnaces, it creates vacuum which is needed for porcelain to bake properly. Not sure this one needs the platform closed all the way but I’ll definitely ask shenpaz

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes it needs to be closed during the hottest sintering time, but this cracked open part is ok during the heat rising part of the cycle. without it, you'd be expanding hot air and blow the top off.

check for obstructions, check that the furnace is being told to close all the way. some have % lift values, to help slowly dissipate heat.

lastly check your zirc temps, because while it used to be true that zirc gets more translucent with more temperature, there is a cutoff point. there is such a thing as losing shade with too high temperature, and such a thing as burning zirc with it in the furnace too long. with multilayer this is doubly true.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
yes it needs to be closed during the hottest sintering time, but this cracked open part is ok during the heat rising part of the cycle. without it, you'd be expanding hot air and blow the top off.

check for obstructions, check that the furnace is being told to close all the way. some have % lift values, to help slowly dissipate heat.

lastly check your zirc temps, because while it used to be true that zirc gets more translucent with more temperature, there is a cutoff point. there is such a thing as losing shade with too high temperature, and such a thing as burning zirc with it in the furnace too long. with multilayer this is doubly true.
You're right, no vacuum but certainly added grey hair..
Like CHL said, something is affecting lift, can't imagine you changed that but more likely system created a present for you. Pcguru

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
Update. I changed the heating elements and tightened the coils well onto them (they were loose) and also did a calibration. Apparently I was about 70/80 degrees too cool!:()and now it works like a charm. (thank you CHL and Shenpaz Support!)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

The S1s also have a small opening at the bottom. If you turn off the lights you can see the red heat line from that thin gap. It's that way through the whole cycle as they have silver round stops around the petimeter.

When I called my rep he said it was to help gasses to escape from the chamber, to help prolong element life.

20200819_085239.jpg

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Our Shenpaz Pro plus sintering furnace's screen is only showing white, no dialog. It powers on. Anyone have any idea as to what the issue may be?

Attachments

• IMG_20220721_155916269_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220721_155916269_HDR.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom