Sintering Zirconia Q&A

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks for those 2 links, they're both closed but I'll be sure to try them first thing in morning.
View attachment 30439
How long is that element? Looks just like whats used in a Dekema BaSic. I bet Jensen could have you running in 24 hours.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Had a talk with daniel from garland dental, in trying to figure out why I was blowing elements every 6 months, he explained something we all know, that muffles absorb water.. porcelain ovens stay on constantly, but most sintering ovens dont have night modes or get used every couple days.. When it heats up with water, these elements snap

P

ptrebing

Reaction score
Hello!
I am trying to sinter Katana STML in an Ivoclar Programat S1. The firing temperature does not go past 1530 Celsius, but the STML's "required" firing temp is 1550. How do we adjust and is it possible to have a firing time that is less than 8/9 hours? I understand faster isn't always better, but just curious.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hello!
I am trying to sinter Katana STML in an Ivoclar Programat S1. The firing temperature does not go past 1530 Celsius, but the STML's "required" firing temp is 1550. How do we adjust and is it possible to have a firing time that is less than 8/9 hours? I understand faster isn't always better, but just curious.
STML needs 1550. Trying to cut the time short compromises color.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hello!

Call Origin and see if they'll send you a free sample of thier Beyond Plus Multi zirconia, it sinters at 1500.

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Someone recommended a regeneration cycle to me after grinding on sintered zirconia. I cant find an actual firing for this. I am assuming this will be done in my porcelain furnace but then I had a thought that maybe it was a sintering program they were referring to. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Someone recommended a regeneration cycle to me after grinding on sintered zirconia. I cant find an actual firing for this. I am assuming this will be done in my porcelain furnace but then I had a thought that maybe it was a sintering program they were referring to. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Answered by a couple of us in your other thread :)

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Must have replied as I was finding other sources for the information. I have a bridge that I need done today and wanted the cycle to get going on it. I do appreciate your help again car 54:)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're welcome, Lindsay. Good luck with the bridge :)

M

michaelpointer

Reaction score
I keep getting crowns that don’t look completely sintered. What do yo all think?
Thanks in advance! A61F14EB-48A0-4174-BD30-DA3469DA7E23.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
What ZR, what schedule are you cooking, what oven?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I keep getting crowns that don’t look completely sintered. What do yo all think?
Thanks in advance! View attachment 31497
Were they looking fine and now they don't? Are the lot numbers different?
Are the ones looking unsintered all the same brand/shade/maker/translucency type?
Are some in the same sintering batch looking fine and others not? Are they ones looking bad always in the same area of the oven?
Have you changed materials?
Have you had a power outage recently and now they all come out looking odd?
When did you last calibrate?
How old are the elements?

Lots to check before assuming anything from a picture alone.

M

michaelpointer

Reaction score
Thanks JMN, they were all from a Katana puck. No recent power outages. I will check the other issues and see what I discover. I’m retiring soon and I’m trying to let the young techs take care of all the new technology, but they presented me with these. I appreciate the help!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Are you new to Katana products? Which one is this? Im guessing the turd known as ML.

M

michaelpointer

Reaction score
Eureka! They were sintered on the wrong program. Takes an old guy to go look at the ovens

M

michaelpointer

Reaction score
Are you new to Katana products? Which one is this? Im guessing the turd known as ML.
Yep, I’ve tried to keep my nose out of it. We will be looking at some new manufacturers. Any recommendations?

M

michaelpointer

Reaction score
That's rolled up newspaper level to get someone else to detect that. Time to teach troubleshooting to the newbies.
Ha! I just want to retire. We had a fine discussion about procedures

user name

user name

Reaction score
I love Katana STML, but the stronger ML is a bad joke; too bright and opaque.

J

Jeremiah Jelte

Reaction score
Does the sintering program affect the chroma of the zirconia when fired too high or too low?