Sintering oven

A

Adva

Reaction score
Hello .
We are opening a new lab, and looking forward to buy a sintering furnace Shenpaz Sintra pro 120 is it a good furnace? Does it has any weak spots ?
Thank you

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hello .
We are opening a new lab, and looking forward to buy a sintering furnace Shenpaz Sintra pro 120 is it a good furnace? Does it has any weak spots ?
Thank you
I have a Sintra Shenpaz, it's junk!!! For 10K buy yourself a Ivoclar S1 (Ivoclar does financing if you need that too). The elements are more expensive but the constituency/reliability is much better than a Shltpaz and you don't need to replace the elements nearly as much as the other ovens. Minh Vogt and Dekema also have very nice sintering ovens and worth mentioning as well.

A

Adva

Reaction score
I have a Sintra Shenpaz, it's junk!!! For 10K buy yourself a Ivoclar S1 (Ivoclar does financing if you need that too). The elements are more expensive but the constituency/reliability is much better than a Shltpaz and you don't need to replace the elements nearly as much as the other ovens. Minh Vogt and Dekema also have very nice sintering ovens and worth mentioning as well.
Thank you for your review. I am also looking at Nabertherm LHT 02/17 LB, Mihm Vogt HTS-2 (some people say that sometimes it produces green zircnonia )
I know that many members of this forum have mihm Vogt and they are happy with them, but didn't find any threads about nabertherm LHT 02/17 LB..Can anyone tell something about this furnace ?
Dakema has Sic heating elements, as I was told they are not so reliable as MoSic, although Sic produces better quality of translucency.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
With two years in use, our Sintra NXS Plus has been wonderful. No issues. :Top:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Didn't shenpaz have an issue with a low gauge wire or something like that was causing a shorting or heating problem, or was that with the older model?

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Didn't shenpaz have an issue with a low gauge wire or something like that was causing a shorting or heating problem, or was that with the older model?
Yep, I had to rewire mine...then always fighting with the elements made me want kick the neighbors dog...and I love dogs!!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I vote for Mihm Vogt.
I know a couple guys that like Nabertherm.
I like my Dekema, but only for lower temp Zr...1500 and under.
No experience beyond pressing ovens with them, but Id gamble on a Zubler.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I bought, struggled with, and returned a shenpaz.

K

KEmirzian

Reaction score
Mihm Vogt!

We recently purchased the Mihm Vogt and realized today it only has 4 stages for programming. The zirconia we are using has 6 stages. Is there any way to condense the program to 4 without losing quality and color???

user name

user name

Reaction score
Yes.
6 is just silly.

One up, hold, cool. Two is enough.
Add in a hold at 900-1000, then youre at 3.
Slow your rate from 1st hold to high temp, theres 4.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
After 3 yeras I have had no problems with my Ivoclar S1 1600. That being said I am just a one man lab so its not used in a production lab setting.

H

Highland

Reaction score
I have a s1 replaced the elements once after 6 years also have A shenpaz had to replace elements after two years Also a whip mix infinty I bought used 3 years no issues I mill about 40-50 crowns a day pre corona

Dental Furnace Elements

Dental Furnace Elements

Reaction score
I talk to a lot of lab owners and technicians and it seems like Ivoclar ovens work well. Heating elements for this furnace are also our top runner in terms of sales, so there must be a fair number of these furnaces out there.

Also, for what it is worth, I also hear good things about Shenpaz ovens.

@Adva - SiC vs. MoSi2 elements is an interesting topic. They both have their pros and cons, and the issue of translucency comes down to element grade and furnace usage. I wouldn't choose a furnace based solely on element type - there are a bunch of other factors to consider. If you have specific questions on elements, PM me, I would be happy to answer them.

Good luck!