Sintering in Sinatra Plus?Staining?Design?

J

JRD

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So recently my office got the Roland Dwx52d, and we are now starting to mill out our temp pmma screw retained and also the final zirconia hybrid restoration. We are scanning in copy denture mode in 3shape with waxup/try in done. I was hoping someone on here can help with some questions I have?
1st. Problems with biohorizon ti bases not fitting as good as I know possible after milled? Milling advice?
2nd. Support bar style and if necessary for full arch zirconia. Using alien zirconia.
3rd. Pre stain..just ran the first case up tonight with Tanaka pre stain pink?
4. The tray that came with Sintra has no beads just tray and lid. I placed it occlusal side down no lid on top would not fit. Will that work?
5. Best post sinter stain/glaze for gingival area?
I know this is a lot to ask and would appreciate any help and or links to any studying I can do!!! Thanks!!!!!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
6. Hire someone who knows all off the above... problem solved

J

JRD

Reaction score
Yes that is very true, but I am expected to learn the machine and process of it all so going to give it my best.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sorry to be a jerk...Im having some issues.

Your using Ti bases designed for multi unit bridge work, or are you using universal bases?
I suspect the later.

Use a high quality zirconia, not the cheapest.

Dont attempt to sinter large bridges without beads. They are bearings to allow free movement during shrinkage.

J

JRD

Reaction score
I apologize about the spelling I meant Sintra. And also we are using the passive fit multi copings with the milled zirconia arch. Thanks for the link.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're welcome :) No worries, as we'll find any excuse we can to give each other a hard time...for anything :) :)

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
If you run anything in a Sintra you should be using an uncolored piece of left over zirconia every other week on top of the lid to pull any greening out.
The Sintra can be run without a lid but you always take a chance. Buy a deeper tray. They have multiple sizes of oven furniture.
Miyo is the best for gingival staining.
Sintering beads and a sinter frame should be used on anything larger than 8 units. And sometimes. smaller depending on the curvature and mass of the Pontics and gingival area.
Just my 2 cents.

J

JRD

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid to ask but when you say run a uncolored piece on top of the lid...I should put the tray with nothing in it and lid on with a piece on top of the lid and then run a cycle? I really appreciate your help. Also would you happen to know if there is a quick way to do a gingival cut back in 3shape design rather then in the green-state. Thanks!

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I run units in the tray but put a left over chunk of uncolored zi on top of the lid. Of course you cant do this when running multiple trays as there is limited height in the chamber.

As far as quick in 3shape.... no. not when it comes to gingiva. We use 3shape for basic crowns and bridges, some abutments and some model design. Anything complex I do in Exo. It's just better because it has more options and less limitations than the over coded and stringent work flow of 3 shape. Of course the E series scanners are nice and I do have the cases scanned in 3shape then exported to exo. The steinbichler we have on exo is accurate but so good damn slow.