Sintering Furnace (Battery back-up&UPS)

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Anybody using a Battery Back-up on their furnaces 110v (Sintras)

When we have thunderstorms I get anxiety about loosing 100s of units each night to Power outage!

We often will get a small surge in power and only need a few minutes of battery assistance.,,,,

Anybody in a similar spot

Thanks in advance

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

When we have thunderstorms I get anxiety about loosing 100s of units each night to Power outage!

We often will get a small surge in power and only need a few minutes of battery assistance.,,,,

Thanks in advance
For a furnace at max 15A draw for 10 minutes it will be around $3k USD per furnace to have individual UPS per furnace. If yours never draw a full 15 you can reduce that, or you can get a BIG one and have it set up by an electrician to immediately take over on those legs if power fails.

Here's a calculator to play with:
https://powerquality.eaton.com/thoughtleadership/choosing-ups/size-a-ups.asp

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Very helpful....not the cheapest route,,,,but may be necessary for a good night s sleep:)

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
It might be just better to have a backup generator instead of a battery for this purpose me thinks

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Generater would need to be "seamless" switch,,,,may be more costly......
then again,,,I am the one looking for help,,,,so may look into it!! lol

thanks

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score

Thanks in advance
Hello, I have the same problem with my 220v sintering oven, did you solve the problem? did you find a good Battrey Back-Up? Is your furnace work with 110v? if yes what kind of furnace?

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
at our office, we got a battery back up on every computer and the sintering furnace too. though it is pretty much useless to have it on the sintering furnace. it's only good for a few minutes. so a back up generator would be best

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
at our office, we got a battery back up on every computer and the sintering furnace too. though it is pretty much useless to have it on the sintering furnace. it's only good for a few minutes. so a back up generator would be best
A minute or two will get you over a short power burp when one of the transmission paths is disrupted by storm, car crash, airplane crash.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We have battery backups on all of the furnaces and computers. More important in this part of Florida is the slight drops in the power for whatever reason. I have all of the high draw equipment on dedicated lines. Cost me a bit more when I had the place put together, but really does spread the load...see what I did there?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@DreN4do No joke, we have a had power interruptions from 2 plane crashes in the last 25ish years. One a Cessna, one a regional puddlejumper VS a MedEvac Helicopter.

Edit, make that three. Forgot a showboating Cessna pilot for who waggling wings at a friend's car on the interstate wasn't enough. Last time he ever did anything.

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
@JMN that is some messed up "poop." I really thought you were joking. I hope everyone (in your party) stayed safe!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@JMN that is some messed up "poop." I really thought you were joking. I hope everyone (in your party) stayed safe!
I was safely away from all events, but those involved never are. We generally have lots of lightening storms that will distupt the current for a few seconds while a secondary or tertiary path is completed.

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
We have battery backups on all of the furnaces and computers. More important in this part of Florida is the slight drops in the power for whatever reason. I have all of the high draw equipment on dedicated lines. Cost me a bit more when I had the place put together, but really does spread the load...see what I did there?
Hello, if your your furnaces 220V can you send me the name of the barrery backup please?

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have DWOS (dental wings) scanners and I'm really tiyerd of their support so which scanner is the best in market ?? And without annual Fee
Thank you

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
Hello,
What is the best battrey backup for 220V sintering oven??

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have DWOS (dental wings) scanners and I'm really tiyerd of their support so which scanner is the best in market ?? And without annual Fee
Thank you

3Shape has annual fees no matter what. It's like buying a time share, you're stuck with annual payments for the rest of your life, unless you die, then
it gets passed to your next of kin and they get stuck with the payments :) So take 3Shape off your list.

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
I'm stuck with annual payment too and when they have to fix something in my scanner they take all the day to fix it if not two days.
3Shape has annual fees no matter what. It's like buying a time share, you're stuck with annual payments for the rest of your life, unless you die, then
it gets passed to your next of kin and they get stuck with the payments :) So take 3Shape off your list.