Sintering emax

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Any idea why 6 milled emax units would grey out during sintering ? I've sintered other units after that came out fine. Are these salvageable? I sinter everything the same. same pegs, same putty, same trays.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
try posting again, this time with pics.

generally it depends how hard you want to work.

if you want to work really hard then yes they are probably salvagable by grinding a mil off and layering porcelain on. or, if you are lazy just do them over, minus about 30 degrees. grey is an indicator your furnace is too hot.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I mightve said lube from the mill, but thats doubtful. What was the shade? Saying something is 'grey' is .. well, shades of grey..

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Any idea why 6 milled emax units would grey out during sintering ? I've sintered other units after that came out fine. Are these salvageable? I sinter everything the same. same pegs, same putty, same trays.
I guess you have tried to slightly sandblast the surface, to see if it superficial, like Affinity suggests? I also think you mean 'crystallizing' and not sintering. Two very different processes... ;)

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
These are Bl4. Kind of reminds me of the way emax grey when the vacuum was started to low.

Top Bottom