Sintering different zirconiums in one cycle

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Hi everyone I hope your all well and bashing teeth somewhere lol
I’ve recently purchased a mill and I’m sintering some different zirconiums to try
I’ve been using Vivid ST , Specrta HT , a new multi layer called Explore , all have went ok but they all have different sintering cycles tying up the funrnace 24hr as each cycle is around 10hrs
My question is has any one worked out a way to Sinter them all together ?
Thanks in advance and I realise I might be a bit daft to try this but it would be nice to Sinter them all over night and have a lovely pile of crowns in the morning

Z

zedleppelin11

Reaction score
The issue is they all will have different particle sizes. However, i've done it a few times (Origin Live and Origin Beyond/Beyond plus, same concept) and while it is possible to do it, you risk cracking units while sintering which would render a days worth of work useless. Always use the recommended oven cycles for that specific material.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
The issue is they all will have different particle sizes. However, i've done it a few times (Origin Live and Origin Beyond/Beyond plus, same concept) and while it is possible to do it, you risk cracking units while sintering which would render a days worth of work useless. Always use the recommended oven cycles for that specific material.
Thanks zed that does make sense my supplier just said don’t do it with no explanation why , 👍🏻✅🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
As long as your final sintering temps are the same with different materials and you give it a good 2hr heat soak at temp , a nice long program with a slow rise and cool you really should be fine .

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Ivoclar's Zircad MT, Multi and higher strength LT all sinter at the same high temp, and same program. We use this, as to not have to run extra cycles on our furnace.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
As long as your final sintering temps are the same with different materials and you give it a good 2hr heat soak at temp , a nice long program with a slow rise and cool you really should be fine .
Nice one I’ll check the temps I’m sure there very similar, thanks 🙏

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Ivoclar's Zircad MT, Multi and higher strength LT all sinter at the same high temp, and same program. We use this, as to not have to run extra cycles on our furnace.
Ok thanks RDA this is good to know 👍🏻

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Do you us
Do you dry your zirconium, on my liquid instructions they say to use a heater to dry it before putting into Sinter oven ? Thanks Den

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Also do you guys have extraction/ventilation for the Sinter oven? I’m not getting any smell etc so I assume I don’t meet to put an exhaust on it ? @RDA @Getoothachopper thanks in advance

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm moving this from the "registration help" forum to Zirconia where it belongs.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Always dry your Zr before sintering. If you color your Zr, sinter in an open bowl. When using precolored you can use a lid.
Sinter temps...slow up, slow down. Theyre all the same. Hold at 1000 I believe is important. Then its just grouping according to high temp.

Dont just take the mfrgs word for it on temps. Try 10 above and below. Then youll know what things should be looking like.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Also do you guys have extraction/ventilation for the Sinter oven? I’m not getting any smell etc so I assume I don’t meet to put an exhaust on it ? @RDA @Getoothachopper thanks in advance
I do have an exhaust fan above our sintering furnace, but I don't think it's a requirement. We use water based coloring liquids, so I'm not sure that if you are using acid based if you would get some odor.

Also, check out Dental Direckt zirconia's, I believe that all of their zirconia choices sinter at the same high temp, 1450 C°. They offer some great choices too. https://www.daldttechnologies.com/supplies

One other "cheat" that I've done when sintering different zirconias, and it has worked out for us, is to place the higher temp sintering zircoanis in the upper tray, and the lower in the lower tray. I was told that the muffle platform of the sintering furnace can soak up to 30° from the lower tray, almost equaling out the two trays. I found this out when we first started this, because our zirconia was coming out to opaque since we were only using the lower tray for higher temp zirconia sintering. My theory, is upper tray at 1500 C°, lower tray must be at 1470 C° , which works out fine in our results.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
I do have an exhaust fan above our sintering furnace, but I don't think it's a requirement. We use water based coloring liquids, so I'm not sure that if you are using acid based if you would get some odor.

Also, check out Dental Direckt zirconia's, I believe that all of their zirconia choices sinter at the same high temp, 1450 C°. They offer some great choices too. https://www.daldttechnologies.com/supplies

One other "cheat" that I've done when sintering different zirconias, and it has worked out for us, is to place the higher temp sintering zircoanis in the upper tray, and the lower in the lower tray. I was told that the muffle platform of the sintering furnace can soak up to 30° from the lower tray, almost equaling out the two trays. I found this out when we first started this, because our zirconia was coming out to opaque since we were only using the lower tray for higher temp zirconia sintering. My theory, is upper tray at 1500 C°, lower tray must be at 1470 C° , which works out fine in our results.
Nice one thanks, that’s great I’m using dental direkt liquids so I’d defo try there zirconium 👍🏻 And it’s very interesting re the difference in temp from upper trays to base one ill try it out
Thanks so much 👍🏻✅

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Always dry your Zr before sintering. If you color your Zr, sinter in an open bowl. When using precolored you can use a lid.
Sinter temps...slow up, slow down. Theyre all the same. Hold at 1000 I believe is important. Then its just grouping according to high temp.

Dont just take the mfrgs word for it on temps. Try 10 above and below. Then youll know what things should be looking like.
Perfect thanks is the open bowl on hand coloured to let moisture out ?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Perfect thanks is the open bowl on hand coloured to let moisture out ?
Not moisture. They need to be dried before sintering. I believe, but have no factual knowledge, that they will give off vapors, and I dont want my other units stewing in it. My persona practice...no facts to share.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not moisture. They need to be dried before sintering.

Agree, I prefer a toaster oven.

Even with my water based coloring/dipping liquids I get a smell coming out of my oven for the 1st 15 minutes or so. With the Programat S1 the units are on a open platform, compared to a covered dish in which I my not then smell anything?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Agree, I prefer a toaster oven.

Even with my water based coloring/dipping liquids I get a smell coming out of my oven for the 1st 15 minutes or so. With the Programat S1 the units are on a open platform, compared to a covered dish in which I my not then smell anything?
Ive been using a food dehydrator. I know the smell your talking about.

Top Bottom