Sintering Cycles

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just getting to sintering my own zirconia and have the original vita zyrcomat with one firing program that can be adapted.

My question is, how important is it to cool sintered zirconia at a specific rate? Or different ramps in the heat level? My oven only allows control of the heat rate, final temp and soak time. I have done fine with these settings in porcelain furnaces but wanted to ask.
As a small lab, I’d like to be able to use the sintering furnace I have but only if it’s a good option.

Thanks!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's very important, especially for bigger bridges. My HT+ for singles and small bridges is 10c heating and cooling. For bigger bridges, it's 4c for both heating and cooling.

You'll also be able to use multiple vendors zirconia if you're able to sinter it at their recommended settings with a better furnace.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Thank you! Appreciate all of your input on this.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Thoughts on the best sintering oven for the money? It looks like I will need and upgrade.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion, but my sintra plus has been flawless, completely open, and cost effective.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion, but my sintra plus has been flawless, completely open, and cost effective.
And I don't know if they're the best support wise, but Zahn usually has some good financing options for their equipment.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thoughts on the best sintering oven for the money? It looks like I will need and upgrade.
Have a look at Ivoclar's S2. You may get a good deal right now. Nt sure how its price compares to the mentioned above, though.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Thank you guys! Extremely grateful for this resource and your input.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Have a look at Ivoclar's S2. You may get a good deal right now. Nt sure how its price compares to the mentioned above, though.
Good point, they usually have some great 4th quarter promotions.

So far after about 5 years for one and 3 years for the other, I've only needed 2 elements for my S1s. The elements are a bit pricey, but they seem to be worth it. They've been great furnaces.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
zirom speed oven
just arrived.
will be setting up tomorrow.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Zubler S430, love it. I also have the Zubler pressing and porcelain ovens. Really good ovens and the s430 were same cost or slightly less than ovens in the same class.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Zubler S430, love it. I also have the Zubler pressing and porcelain ovens. Really good ovens and the s430 were same cost or slightly less than ovens in the same class.
Upgraded from what?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Upgraded from what?
I had an AG Therm 2. Max temp is 1510 and wanted use a higher temp zir.
If you are close to Dallas I can make you a deal.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
No thanks. Glad you were able to get something better.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Ended up purchasing an S2 and have loved it.

Top Bottom