Single Central help.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out. I have a single central crown. Dr wanted Zirconia.
I used Argen Anterior, Shade is A1 but the stump shade is an ST8/ ND7.

The crown looks great out of the mouth but once it is put in, it's turning grey.
It seems to be picking up the stump? Not helping is that the lateral beside has some white calcification.

I attached some pictures. The color does not seem to translate as well in pictures also crown is not seated all the way down.

Would you think an emax would be a better material option?

I unsuccessfully tried to change the shade of the crown with miyo. I tried some lumin to try and brighten it up but still the grey remained.
Not sure what else I could do technique wise. I tried to opaque the inside of the crown as well but didn't work either.

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 80
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 83
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No sage wisdom here, but usually low value issue has to do with low reflectivity.
Too much translucency or light absorbing stain (violet). If you can, try putting white stain on the lingual incisal and proximal areas and see how it compares to the adjacent tooth. You should notice a bit higher value due to less light transmission.

A

adl

Reaction score

The crown looks great out of the mouth but once it is put in, it's turning grey.
It seems to be picking up the stump? Not helping is that the lateral beside has some white calcification.

I attached some pictures. The color does not seem to translate as well in pictures also crown is not seated all the way down.

I unsuccessfully tried to change the shade of the crown with miyo. I tried some lumin to try and brighten it up but still the grey remained.
Not sure what else I could do technique wise. I tried to opaque the inside of the crown as well but didn't work either.
Do you have Miyo? If you do apply some Lumin or Lumin Plus.I agree with 2thm8kr, focus on those areas

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

Hi, ya try and stay away from Hi Trans materials if there's even a hint of a value issues. Same thing as emax HT framing the prep. If you do an emax, I'd reccommend B1-LT, easy to get to A1 with and will give you good value support. BL3-MT would be also a good choice a same as above. If you want, you could try a decent layer of Miyo lumin with a bit of Linen (~ 10- 15 %)added to add some refectivity as 2th said and follow that with a shade fine tune firing after final contours are made. Been there, isn't fun but a lot more easily acheivable with materials today for sure.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Prep color doesnt look problematic. This is why I keep several different Zrs on hand. They dont all look the same. Katana STML A-1 is slightly warm. Lava Esthetic runs high value. Beyond Plus multi is very trans. This might be a good case for some Changs white opake on the intaglio.

What Zr are you using?

F

Freakin teeth

Reaction score
Centrals enamel is to dense for that translucent of zirconia will always look grey even with all the lumin you can possibly put on . Need to go to more opacified zirconium maybe HT+ om3 or Argen z

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen HT+ preshaded baby!
That's how we roll around here.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you slimmed it down to the size of 9 it might match better, why is it so long?

user name

user name

Reaction score
If you slimmed it down to the size of 9 it might match better, why is it so long?
Sounds like my ex.
Im guessing its just not fully seated.

Last edited:
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
One thing iv'e done in the past and had some success with is to wax out the facial of the prep with scannable wax (fairly thin ,just enough to create a small space for cement) before i'm about to scan. Then I get the doc to play around with different colours of cement . It works for me if one of the preps has been endo treated and is darker than the others in a multi unit case ,,,,,,,,,, Just an other idea for you :)

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I did try the Lumin option but it had very little effect.
I'm going to suggest Emax for the redo.

Man I hope some of you guys are better at reading RX's than posts. Haha.
The zirconia is Argen Anterior and the crown isn't fully seated.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Lisi 58 or maybe b1 mt

Its hard to tell if a crown is grey if its not seated, try in paste can work wonders.....