simple repair

L

labdude

Reaction score
If a broken appliance is not broken to badly (you be the judge per case) it can be held together with sticky wax. Stone can be carefully applied to tissue bearing surface. After setting and checking for a good cast, remove sticky wax and grind away acrylic in broken area opening it up a little. Also grind of surface of non tissue bearing acrylic for good adhesion of new acrylic.
stuff 024.JPG stuff 025.JPG stuff 026.JPG

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Not sure I should comment, but I'm curious and knowing that I know two things (jack and shlt) about ortho, I got a observation. Instead of using plaster or stone to make your model, why not use lab putty? It sets up faster, cleaner, and smoother and the acrylic won't stick to the putty.........just curious if any of you have tried this........like i said, go easy on me, I don't know anything about ortho........you say braces or retainer and I run to my porcelain oven with my tail between my legs........lol

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Rob,
I like that idea. What is the lab putty and where can I get some???

No need to run from ortho folks. Reagan did say, you can run, but you can not hide.
To bad bush can't find Osama.
Mike,

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Coltene lab putty.... Zahn caries it and it comes in two grades, regular and hard. 900 ml comes with catalyst and is about 60$

http://www.henryschein.com/us-en/Search.aspx?searchkeyWord=coltene+lab+putty

Lab Putty Hard w/Catalyst 40mL Standard 900ml (8883540)
Coltene/Whaledent (C8882)
1 @ $57.99 EA

Lab Putty W/Catalyst Std Base 900ML/Bt (8888192)
Coltene/Whaledent (C8805)1 @ $61.99

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.
Nice to talk to you today!
Mike.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
if you have enough material at the break, super glue works well and in the case of using lab putty it would be required since sticky wax would not be strong enough.
Yeah great to talk with you too, like I said maybe make it up your way first part of april.
William.